Temple Prostitutes & Sacred Sexuality

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
M*W: Following some discussion on temple prostitutes in early Christianity, I found the following article that I wish to share:

INTRIGUES, SCANDALS AND CHRISTIANITY By Loretta Kemsley

[long cut-and-paste removed. Please provide a link in future.]

Last edited by a moderator:
The common perception of the good Christian is the staid man and the demure woman. The history of Christianity presents a radically different reality, with Christian sexual escapades rivaling television soap operas in lurid intrigues and scandalous characters. Beginning shortly after the death of Jesus and continuing unabated through to the present, the definition of proper and virtuous sexuality continues to be the topic of heated debate.

Is this yet another anti-Christian thread designed to troll and flame?

Very much smells like one. It's along the intellectual level as the ones screaming that Muslims rape their women lubricated with acid and the ones yelling out that "NaZionists" are out to dominate the world.

Good job. Really.

Dear Medicine Woman,

Why quote from another liar when you can lie that well yourself?

Oh! You can lie okay but you can't write as well. But no need to be discouraged. If you keep practicing your lies, soon you will be as smooth as the best... or I should say the worst.

Well, women complain that they aren't given major roles in Religion.

Apparently Medicine Woman has found a role she thinks she would be well suited for.

This post had some useful content, but unfortunately the extreme insults it contained led to its deletion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've already posted the correct meaning of "Mary," and it had nothing to do with temple priestess.

okinrus: I think I've already posted the correct meaning of "Mary," and it had nothing to do with temple priestess.
M*W: Yes, you did post the definition of the title "Mary," but a woman who is "bitter" or "rebellious" is not the literal definition. Your definition is possibly a Christian definition, although I doubt that Christians consider Mary, the mother of Jesus to be neither "bitter" nor "rebellious." Your definition doesn't stand considering that "Mary" was a TITLE and not a NAME! Of course, the NT doesn't talk about "temple prostitutes," that would defeat its man-made purpose. You need to do some further reading into the customs of the peoples in the area: Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Babylonian and Sumerian customs. Please don't limit your religious education to that of the NT. Even in its simplest terms, the TITLE "Mary" means a woman of independent means. Like Mary Magdalene is referred to as "the tower," it means she was a woman of very high status. Haven't you ever wondered why all those women following Rabbi Jesus were called the "Marys?" FYI, the TITLE "Martha" means "initiate." Martha had not achieved Mary status but was a noviciate. Come on, okinrus, I know you're an intelligent young man. Don't be afraid to learn the code names of the bible.

Back