Teenage acne

Erring Flatley

Erring Flatley
Registered Senior Member
Teenage acne is a manifestation of the lymph system. The body of a teenager is undergoing more than growth. It is undergoing reconstruction. Just as children lose their milk teeth and have new adult teeth grow in, teenagers are losing childhood cells as adult cells grow in. This is particularly obvious with hair follicles. As adult hair follicles begin to appear, the childhood cells that were in the same space die and turn to lymph. Lymph is usually easily handled by the lymph system. The lymph oozes into the lymph tubules, drains to the lymph nodes and then is processed into simpler products that are dumped into the blood stream. Some of the products are excreted; some are used as building blocks for new growth; some are metabolized for energy. But there is only a limited lymph system in the face. The bony structure just under the skin does not have room for it. So, where does the lymph go? It comes out as whiteheads, teenage acne. That is lymph in there and it needs to go somewhere besides cluttering up the face. Like most waste secretions, the lymph that appears on the skin should be removed. A whitehead needs to be drained. Once the whitehead is broken and draining the light swelling that accompanied it fades away. And the skin heals over. Once the new adult cells of the teenagers face have replaced the old baby cells, the acne ends. Acne is not a contagious disease. It is simply a manifestation of our growing up, like losing our milk teeth.

The above paragraph on acne is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose acne. The reader assumes all responsibility for use of this information.

I'm a 17 year old male, and I've been using ProActiv for the past two months, and it didn't work. It did lower the amount of big, pussy zits on my face, but it also made the unaffected areas lighter, so the redness left behind is much more noticeable. I canceled my account yesterday. I'm suppose to go to a physician or dermatologist this coming Tuesday to get a prescription for an antibiotic that supposedly works well...

Im 18 and have never had a problem with acne. Good information though. Thanks.

It's not "information"--it's an "alternative" theory.

Mainstream dermatology does not recognize that "acne is caused by child cells changing into adult cells". Nor does it recognize that "whiteheads are caused by lymph building up in the face".

Here is some real "information".
http://dermatology.about.com/cs/acnebasics/a/acnecause.htm

Dermatologists advise against the popping or "draining" of whiteheads and pimples, because the break in the skin just allows more scope for bacteria to infect them.

Last edited:
korey said:
I'm a 17 year old male, and I've been using ProActiv for the past two months, and it didn't work. It did lower the amount of big, pussy zits on my face, but it also made the unaffected areas lighter, so the redness left behind is much more noticeable. I canceled my account yesterday. I'm suppose to go to a physician or dermatologist this coming Tuesday to get a prescription for an antibiotic that supposedly works well...

The advertisement was put in by Google, not by me. In my opinion there is no easy remedy for acne. It will pass by with age usually. My brother had very bad acne, he grew out of it.

Gondolin said:
Im 18 and have never had a problem with acne. Good information though. Thanks.

Anatomy texts vary widely in their description of the lymph system in the face. So there is genetic variation in the lymph system from one person to another. Some people will have acne worse or better than others.

No, there are remedies.

The best thing is to watch you diet, drink lots (of water!) and exercise regularly. Avoid things like gluten or complex carbs

There's also something called 'acutane' (aka nodular conglobate therapy). Its supposed to correct some of the complications that the threadstarter describes

Iris said:
It's not "information"--it's an "alternative" theory.

Mainstream dermatology does not recognize that "acne is caused by child cells changing into adult cells". Nor does it recognize that "whiteheads are caused by lymph building up in the face".

Here is some real "information".
http://dermatology.about.com/cs/acnebasics/a/acnecause.htm

Dermatologists advise against the popping or "draining" of whiteheads and pimples, because the break in the skin just allows more scope for bacteria to infect them.

I have spent much of my life studying, and much of that in medical libraries. I do know what I am talking about. But I will not argue with you about it. Yes, bacteria, ingrown hairs, spinters, chemicals, almost anything foreign in the skin can cause a white head. If white blood cells are in action to get rid of something unwanted in the skin, lymph is forming and white heads will appear if the lymph system cannot drain it well enough. And it does not hurt to keep those broken white heads clean and free of bacteria. But most teenage facial acne is caused by juvenile cells dying, as adult cells grow in to replace them. We will remain in disagreement.

for me shaving always stopped the acne :)
i reckon it was because the facial hair "stored" bacteria and such and hence by shaving and then cleaning my face i got rid of much of the acne.

any ideas on that? :D

But most teenage facial acne is caused by juvenile cells dying, as adult cells grow in to replace them.
What are the physiological differences between "adult" and "juvenile" cells? How can one distinguish between the two?

Back