Taps: Thermal Imager Catches Ghost

btimsah

Registered Senior Member
Have any of you see the show called Taps? They go around debunking supposed hauntings on Sci-Fi.

Last week they caught an apparition on their thermal imaging camera. They could not debunk it, because there was what appeared to be the cold/heat signature of a person standing in front of a sign. You could see the sign (a number 2 sign) through the "ghost". They could not duplicate this because any human covers up the # 2. It was their best evidence to date, I think.

What do you guys think? You might be able to find the image online. :cool:

btimsah said:
Have any of you see the show called Taps? They go around debunking supposed hauntings on Sci-Fi.

Last week they caught an apparition on their thermal imaging camera. They could not debunk it, because there was what appeared to be the cold/heat signature of a person standing in front of a sign. You could see the sign (a number 2 sign) through the "ghost". They could not duplicate this because any human covers up the # 2. It was their best evidence to date, I think.

What do you guys think? You might be able to find the image online. :cool:

Evidence? Possibly. I won't draw any firm conclusions but I'd say that it's more likely designed to attract attention to the show.

Light said:
Evidence? Possibly. I won't draw any firm conclusions but I'd say that it's more likely designed to attract attention to the show.

Fair enough, but I do think you would need to see these guys. They TRY THEIR BEST to debunk this stuff first. What's really amazing is that the image they get looks like a "miner" with a hat on, watching them.

I would expect more evidence of this kind in the future, because with this kind of technology we will get more n more of these proofs (if you will).

At least I hope so. :D

i havent seen the pics, but wouldnt a person standing behind the sign create a thermal signature, and still allow you to see the sign?

alain said:
i havent seen the pics, but wouldnt a person standing behind the sign create a thermal signature, and still allow you to see the sign?

Yep, if the sign were translucent to IR. Simpler answer is to have someone lean against the sign for a while, and warm up a silhouette of themselves.

phlogistician said:
Yep, if the sign were translucent to IR. Simpler answer is to have someone lean against the sign for a while, and warm up a silhouette of themselves.

Yes, I's already thought of that since it's a simple thing to do. But since I haven't actually seen the picture, I don't know how much of the human form is displayed nor the size/shape of the sign.

If the image is close to full-body and the sign is of the right demensions to hold that image (or a smaller image on a smaller sign) that I would say that IS the most likely answer. ;)

Yeah, it's hard to say without seeing the image, and our eyewitness btimsah didn't describe that well what was on screen.

Usual problem analysing such things, eye witnesses!

Back