T rex jumping like kangaroos?

CEngelbrecht

Registered Senior Member
Red-kangaroo-hopping.jpg

tumblr_inline_ntxckvohnj1tqnb10_540.jpg

I'm only going by the concept of convergent evolution. What with T rexes and kangaroos having similar body shapes; minute fore limbs, strong rear limbs and a big fleshy tail for counter balance. With that combination jumping seems to be the prevalent motion, also e.g. the long-eared jerboa.

Or are there finds of series of fossilised T rex footprints in motion that rules that out?

iceaura is correct. Gait does not scale up.

Elephants are unable to gallop (they cannot have all their feet off the ground simultaneously).

BTW, kangaroos have a unique muscle anatomy. They cannot operate each limb independently i.e. they cannot walk or run. Their limbs must operate as one, leading to a hopping gait.

Yes I too rather like the idea of T Rex hopping, just because it would be so creepy to imagine - How nightmarish!

But sadly, it does not seem possible.

iceaura is correct. Gait does not scale up.

Elephants are unable to gallop (they cannot have all their feet off the ground simultaneously).

BTW, kangaroos have a unique muscle anatomy. They cannot operate each limb independently i.e. they cannot walk or run. Their limbs must operate as one, leading to a hopping gait.

Okay, good answers. And the little fella in the above video?

Back