Syngameons and Chromosomes

NDS

NDS
Registered Senior Member
In light of IAC's anticipated return, I thought I'd start a thread about his favorite thing: Syngameons.

Different types of cats have different numbers of chromosomes. Different types of dogs have different numbers of chromosomes.

IAC's Young-Earth Deluge Theory relies on the concept of animal syngameons. But due to the differing number of chromsomes we see today, if we say Noah brought only syngameons on the ark, then we must also say that in only 4,000 years species within different syngameons somehow developed different numbers of chromosomes. If animals can just magically develop different numbers of chromosomes, then this would support Macroevolution.

So basically, YEC's are trapped in their own theory.

Different types of cats have different numbers of chromosomes. Different types of dogs have different numbers of chromosomes.

Hold on a second: they do? Canis familiarus itself? Or do you mean the Canis complex? Have a ref to that one?

IAC's hypothesis is easily disproved. Just look at two related species that also existed as separate species a million years ago.

Just look at unique cave dwelling species that Noah could not have found, and would have been killed by salt water.

IAC's hypothesis is easily disproved. Just look at two related species that also existed as separate species a million years ago.

Just look at unique cave dwelling species that Noah could not have found, and would have been killed by salt water.

Yet even more evidence against IAC's theory.

Oh you mean species then, or what we're calling species. OK, say that. I was a bit surprised there.

Yeah the cave fish thingy is a good counterargument. Personally I find the entire YEC issue an impossible argument to come to terms with, being that it's so bizarre. Mind you, chromosomal rearrangements can produce heavy variance - but on a molecular scale it's easy enough to see how a molecular clock would disprove YEC. Not to mention the fossil record.

Oh you mean species then, or what we're calling species. OK, say that. I was a bit surprised there.

Well, here in the real world we real biological terms like "genus" and "species." But in IAC's fantasy land, suddenly we are confronted with terms like "syngameon" which real biologists rarely if ever use.

From what I know, a "syngameon" is any group of animals which has the ability to mate and produce fertile offspring.

As far as I know racoons can bonk some dogs to get a hybrid, so those racoons and those dogs would belong to one syngameon because they can mate and produce a fertile hybrid. Even though they are different species, they are still of the same syngameon.

I like the idea of "binning species" which would almost sound like a syngameon, I guess, but not for the same reasons the YEC monkeys are doing it. I gots my evolutionary reasons. ;) You'll see. You'll all see. Ha. Haha. Hahahahahaaaa...

Was that out loud? Oops.

Back