Surgery after Sex

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
Anal sex leads to prolapse - a condition where the sphincter muscles are weakened causing the wall of the rectum to fall out of the anus.

Corrective surgery is often required.

That's the price you pay I guess.

what's the percentage on that? say 100 people do it, do half of them end up having to have surgery?

0%.

MYTH NO. 5: Anal Intercourse among MSM Promotes Rectal Prolapse and/or
Fissures
FACT: Rectal prolapse is an anal complication unrelated to anal sex. Anal
intercourse when conducted carefully and safely does not lead to anal fissures.
Rectal prolapse is a condition “where the tissue of the rectum protrudes out of the anal
canal” (ACG, 2005). It is a close cousin of hemorrhoids, with similar symptoms such as
bleeding and/or the rectum turns itself inside out. The main difference between rectal
prolapse and hemorrhoids is that the former involves a segment of the bowel located
higher up within the body whereas the latter develops near the anal opening.
Rectal prolapse occurs predominantly in children under age 6 and the elderly (NIH, 2005).
For adults, it is often the result of a long-standing habit of low fiber and high fat diet, and
in turn, a history of straining to have bowel movements. Specifically for females, rectal
prolapse can be due to anal injury during delivery. For infants and children, this condition
is associated with toilet training problems, episodes of diarrhea, whooping cough or
malnutrition (Hemorrhoids, 2005).
source

Thanks Raven! I didn't want to hijack the beautiful man thread with anal sex talk.
Deep Thought? Did you lie or were you just joking?

well...you can be taller...just eat carrots and exercise :)

I eat 2 every day for breakfast... mmm... crispy...

The X-R-Size is making me feel taller, but I highly doubt that I will actually increase in height.

....I would expect that as more people indulge in anal sex more frequently you will see an increase in such things as prolapse, as well as cancers and bowel damage.

Yuck.

so people didn't engage in anal sex before......what? Why the increase?

Seriously! More people engaged in anal sex in the days when it was de rigeur for women to be virgins until they got married...probably.

Seriously! More people engaged in anal sex in the days when it was de rigeur for women to be virgins until they got married...probably.

and I'm guessing when there was no birth control.
Saying there is more anal sex now is like saying there is more oral sex now. No, its just losing its taboo status.

Back