Surah 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishadi

Banned
Banned
This is a method of observing Quran for us 'english' style readers

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/096.qmt.html

here is the link for the whole Book

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/

notice the 3 interpretations of the original

YUSUFALI: Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-
PICKTHAL: Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth,
SHAKIR: Read in the name of your Lord Who created.

YUSUFALI: Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
PICKTHAL: Createth man from a clot.
SHAKIR: He created man from a clot.

YUSUFALI: Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-
PICKTHAL: Read: And thy Lord is the Most Bounteous,
SHAKIR: Read and your Lord is Most Honorable,

YUSUFALI: He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-
PICKTHAL: Who teacheth by the pen,
SHAKIR: Who taught (to write) with the pen

YUSUFALI: Taught man that which he knew not.
PICKTHAL: Teacheth man that which he knew not.
SHAKIR: Taught man what he knew not.

YUSUFALI: Day, but man doth transgress all bounds,
PICKTHAL: Nay, but verily man is rebellious
SHAKIR: Nay! man is most surely inordinate,

YUSUFALI: In that he looketh upon himself as self-sufficient.
PICKTHAL: That he thinketh himself independent!
SHAKIR: Because he sees himself free from want.

YUSUFALI: Verily, to thy Lord is the return (of all).
PICKTHAL: Lo! unto thy Lord is the return.
SHAKIR: Surely to your Lord is the return.

YUSUFALI: Seest thou one who forbids-
PICKTHAL: Hast thou seen him who dissuadeth
SHAKIR: Have you seen him who forbids

YUSUFALI: A votary when he (turns) to pray?
PICKTHAL: A slave when he prayeth?
SHAKIR: A servant when he prays?

YUSUFALI: Seest thou if he is on (the road of) Guidance?-
PICKTHAL: Hast thou seen if he relieth on the guidance (of Allah)
SHAKIR: Have you considered if he were on the right way,

YUSUFALI: Or enjoins Righteousness?
PICKTHAL: Or enjoineth piety?
SHAKIR: Or enjoined guarding (against evil)?

YUSUFALI: Seest thou if he denies (Truth) and turns away?
PICKTHAL: Hast thou seen if he denieth (Allah's guidance) and is froward?
SHAKIR: Have you considered if he gives the lie to the truth and turns (his) back?

YUSUFALI: Knoweth he not that Allah doth see?
PICKTHAL: Is he then unaware that Allah seeth?
SHAKIR: Does he not know that Allah does see?

YUSUFALI: Let him beware! If he desist not, We will drag him by the forelock,-
PICKTHAL: Nay, but if he cease not We will seize him by the forelock -
SHAKIR: Nay! if he desist not, We would certainly smite his forehead,

YUSUFALI: A lying, sinful forelock!
PICKTHAL: The lying, sinful forelock -
SHAKIR: A lying, sinful forehead.

YUSUFALI: Then, let him call (for help) to his council (of comrades):
PICKTHAL: Then let him call upon his henchmen!
SHAKIR: Then let him summon his council,

YUSUFALI: We will call on the angels of punishment (to deal with him)!
PICKTHAL: We will call the guards of hell.
SHAKIR: We too would summon the braves of the army.

YUSUFALI: Day, heed him not: But bow down in adoration, and bring thyself the closer (to Allah)!
PICKTHAL: Nay, Obey not thou him. But prostrate thyself, and draw near (unto Allah).
SHAKIR: Nay! obey him not, and make obeisance and draw nigh (to Allah

i see it as saying ............... "prepare for the 'name'

and DO NOT FOLLOW the jinn (lies of beliefs created by the bad of men)

to be able to observe God as all of existence; which does include all knowledge revealed over time within mankind; who learned how to write and convey; look for truth, find the 'name' of god (the math describing how existence works)

that is how i will view Surah 96 (there is more but in overall summary that is my take)

any others?

enjoy the reading as quran is a cool book if you know how to be honest with yourself and have the eyes of true inquiry

think of God as all that is without ZERO separation from you and the furthest star in the universe;

all is ONE and we live within existence (our creator)

think of how knowledge evolved as well how life evolved into what we are in HIS time

try the view and enjoy the ride

Last edited:
to be able to observe God as all of existence; which does include all knowledge revealed over time within mankind; who learned how to write and convey; look for truth, find the 'name' of god (the math describing how existence works)

that is how i will view Surah 96 (there is more but in overall summary that is my take)

think in the sense, if 'we the people' (mankind) understood life and what we are, then there would be no closer observance to GOD (nature/existence/life)

i thought the quran folk liked to read quran

should i just accept the idea that quran folk often don't read quran?

bishadi..where did you bring the idea of jinn being lies??

and the other one that all people are one with god??

I love reading the Qu'ran. My favorite quippet is:
16. These are they who have bartered Guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction,

17. Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.

18. Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).

19. Or (another similitude) is that of a rain-laden cloud from the sky: In it are zones of darkness, and thunder and lightning: They press their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunder-clap, the while they are in terror of death. But Allah is ever round the rejecters of Faith!

20. The lightning all but snatches away their sight; every time the light (Helps) them, they walk therein, and when the darkness grows on them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, He could take away their faculty of hearing and seeing; for Allah hath power over all things.

From "The Cow"

Open minded people read all books of faith- this is an especially good book.

The Qu'ran is meant to be said aloud- it is not meant to be read. The verses took on a poetic beat over time from their utterance- anyone ever heard the Qu'ran? It's music. By the time they all got together to officially write the Qu'ran, they assembled all the most knowledgeable of the book and they all kicked down a beat and the Qu'ran was written. That's why there is so much math to the book- it has a pulse.

Since the Qu'ran is the literal word of God, a literal translation of the Qu'ran into English is impossible. That's why there's three English interpretations for each Qu'ranic line. You could do the same with The Holy Bible, only there'd be a dozen variations.

The koran sucks. It has to be read in arabic because it is too easy to see how little sense it makes in any language you understand. It is the literal word of a madman.

Its a shame really.

The koran sucks. It has to be read in arabic because it is too easy to see how little sense it makes in any language you understand. It is the literal word of a madman.

Its a shame really.

how little sense it makes in other languages?

i assume u know how the arabic language is? whats the difference between arabic and other languages? And prove it that it is the literal word of a madam,because i guess you wont claim anything without proofs?

thank you

Its a shame really.

Many languages are tough as chinese is beyond tough; but almost a 1/3 of the globe speaks the language.

Suggesting the koran sucks is rude. As it is like suggesting the democracy blows from the eyes of a palestinian.

I love reading the Qu'ran. My favorite quippet is:
16. These are they who have bartered Guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction,

17. Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.

19. Or (another similitude) is that of a rain-laden cloud from the sky: In it are zones of darkness, and thunder and lightning: They press their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunder-clap, the while they are in terror of death. But Allah is ever round the rejecters of Faith!

20. The lightning all but snatches away their sight; every time the light (Helps) them, they walk therein, and when the darkness grows on them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, He could take away their faculty of hearing and seeing; for Allah hath power over all things.
that suggests to me that "the knowledge of religions often blind the teachings of the truth"

"them of beliefs just, WILL NOT get over it"

Open minded people read all books of faith- this is an especially good book.

Now that is a fine lesson!

The Qu'ran is meant to be said aloud- it is not meant to be read. The verses took on a poetic beat over time from their utterance- anyone ever heard the Qu'ran? It's music.

Islam combines much of the eastern flare of zoroasterism. The eastern ideas of chanting, humming or directly vocalizing submission in tones, is normal.

It is kind of like what the Gita showed the West in the Krishna movement. (Srila Prabhupada)

By the time they all got together to officially write the Qu'ran, they assembled all the most knowledgeable of the book and they all kicked down a beat and the Qu'ran was written. That's why there is so much math to the book- it has a pulse.

i like that.... in which Good works DO live.

But as you confessed purely, 'they assembled' versus God telling an angel to tell muhammad to remember and retell the caliphs/scribes/elders.

Mankind does the works, the good of care and compassion is the drive of the contributers. (God don't talk to people)

Since the Qu'ran is the literal word of God,

never going to suggest that as being a quality belief; never have; never will

in fact, that line item is a perfect example of what blinds the people of 'the cow' (up above in your post)

Its not my fault the koran sucks.

HEY SWARM!

HEY SWARM!

If you're trying to convince me that Allah isn't a dick, you're failing. As I am not gay, I don't worship dicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back