Supposition ... AGAIN! :p

Which religion is best in a multicultureal world?

• Christianity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Islam

• Hinduism

• Sikhism

• Judaism

• Bahá'í Faith

• Jainism

• Shinto

• Taoism

• Total voters

Michael

歌舞伎
Valued Senior Member
haha....

For this thread let's suppose there are no real Gods, Goddesses, Alien Overlords, Buddhas, Pixies or another other mythical creatures and there is no afterlife.

Which religion do you feel is best for today's multicultural society and why?

If we judge the results of a particular religion instead of judging the beliefs of that religion, we will look for qualities like: the ability of religion to make people happy, the ability of religion to help people with struggles of life, the ability of religion to keep peace amongst people, the evolution of religion and its compatibility with human progress in that area, ability of religion to get well with other religions, any other positive and negative effects of religion, moral values...etc.

Thing is I cant just assume that a belief is not true...when I believe it truly. I believe in afterlife and Buddhism and I also believe in God but in a different sense not in Christian sense, I also believe in moral values of Christianity and Buddhism...

I cant just assume and suppose God does not exist and than decide whats best for society.

haha....

For this thread let's suppose there are no real Gods, Goddesses, Alien Overlords, Buddhas, Pixies or another other mythical creatures and there is no afterlife.

Which religion do you feel is best for today's multicultural society and why?

Secular Humanism

Secular humanism is a philosophy that focuses on the way human beings can lead good, happy and functional lives and rejects the supernatural. Secular Humanism philosophy makes use of critical reason, factual evidence and scientific methods of inquiry, rather than faith and mysticism, in seeking solutions to human problems and answers to important human questions.

Last edited:
I don't know, but definitely not Islam.

As I have said in another thread, I honestly would not bat an eye if the entire religion of Islam were eradicated from this world tomorrow and all "arab states" were politically dissolved. In fact, I would probably rejoice. Those people are truly a bunch of backwards and irrational savages and even worse, they have consistently proven their worst natures to us in no uncertain terms. Muslims treat their women horribly (and that REALLY infuriates me), they viciously attack anyone whom they perceive to be "infidels" and lastly, they have pledged that they will die before they cut the bullshit and join the rest of us here in the 21st century.

But here's the thing: I despise most Christian godbots almost as much as I despise Muslims. Religious zealots of any creed are a direct threat to humanity, so far as I am concerned. However, muslims are by far the worst in this day and age.

Now I suppose that my statements could be labeled as "bigoted." Well, I don't give a rat's ass. I can only speak for myself, so let me say that people can slap whatever labels they wish on me, and I could care less. I know who I am... and I do not require their validation or approval. I don't feel obligated to ignore what I see with my own eyes and love everybody in spite of themselves. If people behave like destructive animals, then I'm going to view them as such. :cool:

Buddhism or Taoism, but I chose Buddhism because it has simple rules that even idiots can follow. Neither of these depend on irrational superstitions, and they are compatable with science.

I voted "Buddhism" and now kinda' regret it. I don't know a lot about Buddhism and it's history in Tibet isn't perfect.

I haven't decided. I'm wondering how I forgot to include Scientology or at least one Alien based belief system. that said, I'm leaning Buddhism - although I don't know much about it. I'm sure Western nations Romanticize Buddhism but then again, maybe we're only now reaching a level where a large number of people understand some of what this great Indian sage was crapping on about?

I took the list from Wiki. I was surprise to learn that if we take a lowest number of estimated Muslims and the highest estimated number of Hindu - Hindus may in fact be the second largest faith on the planet. Wow, that makes me wonder if Hinduism isn't a better choice?

you better take those words back :mad: this is despicable. If you are having second thoughts about Hinduism and Indian religions you should at least show courtesy and respect!
haha,,, I'm sure that Buddha would be the first to have a laugh. If you think about it, by saying he was crapping on about something I am in effect taking his advice:

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions,
even though they have been held in honor
for many generations and in diverse places.
Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it.
Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past.
Do not believe what you yourself have imagined,
persuading yourself that a God inspires you.
Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests.
After examination, believe what you yourself have tested
and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.

IN short, its OK to show disrespect ... we are after all, just humans - and if someone happens to come up with something great, then that's great. BUT that's all it is.

Don't you think? I mean, I have some people's respect and other's disdain - it really doesn't affect me personally, and I'm still alive. I certainly won't care once I'm dead and gone!

Buddhism or Taoism, but I chose Buddhism because it has simple rules that even idiots can follow. Neither of these depend on irrational superstitions, and they are compatable with science.

the progression of buddha, appears to follow the pattern of evolving knowledge

and when ONE of them puts up this quote, then how can anyone argue?

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

equality is the ONLY religion

and understanding the truth will exist, one day; is the faith

that mankind is capable; the belief

and that our children will know; the hope

Back