Stop balding

Islamsmylife

Registered Senior Member
I am 22 years old and I have a receeding hairline. I just noticed it 3 weeks ago and its going fast. I have bought some Rogaine to help treat it so far I have not noticed any change. I do have the genetic tendecy for balding from my mothers side of the family. Does anyone know of anything to help treat this?

If it's hereditary, there's not a lot you can do about it. Learn to live with it, it can make you look distinguished and some women go for baldies. If you really get desperate about it, there's hair transplants, but they are pretty expensive and not always successful, whatever you do, don't start wearing a hairpiece, you'll be ridiculed, look ridiculous and end up with a life term in hairpiece prison.

I started to lose mine at 15.. in my 30's I ponced around in a pony tail, which was pretty cool in the 80's, but 12 years ago I just shaved the whole damn' thing off and never regretted it for one minute. It looks cool, is dead easy to manage and makes it hard for people to put an age on you, check out my pic in the picture thread.

Sounds like androgenetic alopecia. I have no idea what Rogaíne is but your best choice is to go to a dermatologist they can prescribe you something that blocks the production of DHT (dihydrotestosteron) which in a couple of month should reduce hair loss, I think.

Back