Squirrel metabolism?

Dinosaur

Rational Skeptic
Valued Senior Member
I feed squirrels and have some that are almost tame.

One in particular has a nest on the roof of a nearby building. He sesm to be able to hear my voice when I come out of my apartment.

I often see him run along the rooftop of the building about 100 yards from mine. He runs about 100 yards along the roof top to a tree. He leaps to a branch and descends. He then runs a diagonal path to where I am.

Round trip from his nest to me is perhaps 240 yards (220 meters), no counting descending and climbing a 50 foot (45 meter) tree.

I wonder how much of the energy produced by one walnut is used up by the journey from his nest to me. Some days, I have a smaller nut. I wonder if it is worth all that effort.

I feed squirrels and have some that are almost tame.

One in particular has a nest on the roof of a nearby building. He sesm to be able to hear my voice when I come out of my apartment.

I often see him run along the rooftop of the building about 100 yards from mine. He runs about 100 yards along the roof top to a tree. He leaps to a branch and descends. He then runs a diagonal path to where I am.

Round trip from his nest to me is perhaps 240 yards (220 meters), no counting descending and climbing a 50 foot (45 meter) tree.

I wonder how much of the energy produced by one walnut is used up by the journey from his nest to me. Some days, I have a smaller nut. I wonder if it is worth all that effort.

oh that sounds so cute...anyways I am sure its worth the energy...:eek: :D

http://whatdidyoueat.typepad.com/what_did_you_eat/2006/09/squirrel_city.html

Last edited:
Those fuckers most have some bad ass metabolism, because they almost disappear and reappear instantenously from one point to another.

Back