Sports Organizations and civil order

CANALIEN

Registered Member
Hi, im new to this forum I just received this new topic to debate in class and I was wondering if anybody has any views on it. the topic is, "That profesional sports organizations are responsible for maintaining civil order."

Please give me any ideas pro or con

I can think of a few themes you might want to exploit

1. The creation of heroes for the masses to look up to
2. The unquestioning observance of strict and arbitrary rules as an analogy to our legal system
3. Creation in the common man of a feeling of belonging to the team which he supports, and its relationship to nationalism
4. Investment in professional sports media distracting the masses from official corruption in the world around them.

I have another conversation topic for your class "Is it moral for students to get others on the internet to do their homework for them?"

CANALIEN said:

"That profesional sports organizations are responsible for maintaining civil order."

The proposition is vague. Do you intend to assert an obligation of such organizations, or to examine the role of the ceremonial athlete as an anthropological symbol?

It's worth mentioning that, as a rule of thumb, when you're fishing for resources for classwork, it's best to frame your question in such a manner as to omit that point:

SpyMoose said:

I have another conversation topic for your class "Is it moral for students to get others on the internet to do their homework for them?"

It's generally frowned upon, of course. But around here there's a tacit method for handling these situations. Natural circumstance seems to dictate that by the time the topic poster gets any substantial information through this route, an equal or greater amount of information could have been harvested from Google. It is inherently more efficient to do the research yourself. If the question becomes framing the issue for exploration in the first place, wing it and borrow terms from the resulting discussion for research: if you pay attention to how other people are phrasing things, you might find a combination of search terms that makes Google a goldmine for your classwork.

Back