Spooky Stuff

Spadge

Registered Senior Member
Here's one I've just come across. I'm just hoping nobody on this board's seen it yet.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both were shot in the head.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners.
Both successors were named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names comprise fifteen letters.

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were both assassinated before their trials.

And here's the kicker:A week before Lincoln was shot he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot he was with Marilyn Monroe.

Could things get much more spooky?

[This message has been edited by Spadge (edited June 09, 2000).]

Have you verified the dates with encyclopadieas? You are write, it does sound a bit spooky, but what significance or actual effect would it have on the world now? It sounds a bit too strange to be a coincidence, but reeks of sensationalism.

------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who' if we wins' knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid sould who know neither victory nor defeat."
-"The Man in the Arena"

Actually, the coincidences have been tested and confirmed. Forteans and others who study such matters ascribe it to a catch-all category called "The Cosmic Prankster". I just think it's cool.

If you want to play a fun game, look for numerical coincidences in your life. For example, the numbers 8 & 5 figure predominantly in my life. I graduated in 1985. My driver's license number and my social security number are dominated by the two numbers. The identification numbers of every car I've ever owned have been rife with 8's and 5's. One of them was a 1958 Chevy, whose ID# was pretty much devoid of any other number.

I was born in 1967. This seems off, but watch this:

67:6+7=13
85:8+5=13

Should I call in a psychic yet?

ok, oxygen, you have too much time on your hands, i suggest that you go out side, get a dog, or MAKE A FRIEND no offence, but anyone that does that for fun jsut... isnt right, but i have herd about that kennedy/lincon thing before, though i didnt realize that that much was in common?!? it is pretty weird, and kennedy came to my home town (redding) once, of course i wasnt born yet, but still... he dedicated this water spill to whiskey town lake, i go wakeboarding there all the time,, i see it almost every dya, in the summer....... so thats pretty kool, he's the oinly famous person to go there,

------------------
when christianity ruled the world, it was called the dark ages.

-dexter (nimrod242 :aol sn)

LOL Dex! Actually, I have a friend or two, a dog, two cats, two fish, and something I like to think of as a life. I didn't notice this number thing until a few years ago when I went through a day unable to avoid those numbers. A witch I know laughingly suggested that they've probably been following me around all my life, so we went through my personal records on a lark. It was bizarre! the farthest we had to reach was the ZIP code of the hospital I was born in; 95128! I know the odds of those numbers appearing are pretty good, but everything else we looked at was just too freaky.

I'm almost afraid that when I die, I'm going to hear the 'Sesame Street' end music and Oscar the Grouch declaring "This life was brought to you by the numbers 5 and 8..."

I'll scream. I will. I swear.

alright, those were also the nubers to bring back the guy from the movie jumanji, doubt any of you saw it, but i rememberd that "dont ask my why"but mabe u are going to die on may 8th, 2058??? mabe!!! but what is a lark???

------------------
when christianity ruled the world, it was called the dark ages.

-dexter (nimrod242 :aol sn)

Did anyone ever see Fr. Guido Sarducci do the "Carter-Coolidge" Conspiracy on ... it was either the Tonight Show or an early SNL ... can't remember which. But it cracked me up .....

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

------------------
We are unutterably alone, essentially, especially in the things most intimate and important to us. (Ranier Maria Rilke)

Dexter- "On a lark" is another way to say "for the Hell of it." It just takes fewer keystrokes. (Ouch! Ouch! Carpal Tunnel Syndrome! Ouch! By the way, how's your band doing? You guys going to play in San Jose any time soon?)

Ok call me Mr.Sad, I don't care.

I was born in 1952; 1+9+5+2=17, 1+7=8

When I was 8 I emigrated to England.

At 18 I fell in love with my wife.

At 19 I married her; 9-1=8

On the 3,2,1976 I started a very successful business. 3+2+1+9+7+6=28

In 1978 I bought my first house, its number was 28. My previous adress was numbered 78.

In 1988 I bought my second house, its number was 38.

We moved to Cyprus in '93 and rented a house with the number 7. Later we bought our present house, which is number 8.

I brought my car with me and registered it here, its number is 38.

This year we have begun the process of designing and building our final home, I may reach 48 in September!

8,7 and 3 seem to crop up a lot; 8+7+3=18
I married my wife on the 18th of the 3rd 1973
9-1= 8, 7, 3

Sheer Coincidence? Synchronicity for a reason? There must be a deeper significance to these numbers in my life.

So waddaya thoink bud?

------------------
Love yourself, as you would love a stranger

Back