Splinter: Inquiry about trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Max

Registered Senior Member
I was actually surprised by your seeming courtesy in the response, Tiassa. I was reading along and almost couldn't believe that it was you ...thought maybe you had someone else write it for you.

Ah, but then I found it ...the real you. The one who can't keep from making childish personal remarks about the other poster. Right there, right at the end, ....see it?

Couldn't resist that last little personal nastiness, huh, Tiassa?

Oh, by the way, is your wife still cheating on you? I've been curious since you post your tales of marital woe back a few months ago or so.

Baron Max

Mod Note: This is a splinter thread from Trick or Treat: Man defends family, kills 12 year-old on Hallowe'en". See posts #2077007/87, 2077029/88, 2077170/90, and 2077450/101, or pages 5 and 6 for relevant history and more information. The point of digression for this splinter represents the abandonment of the prior discussion's original topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trollicious?

Baron Max said:

Ah, but then I found it ...the real you. The one who can't keep from making childish personal remarks about the other poster. Right there, right at the end, ....see it?

Couldn't resist that last little personal nastiness, huh, Tiassa?

One wonders, then, why you bother to ask the questions in the first place. The most obvious suggestion, Max, is that you want the answer in order to cry some more. ("Waaah! He answered my question! How dare he! He's so mean! Why won't anyone stop him from answering my questions! Waaah!"

Nobody's buying it, Max. But keep trolling; you might get a couple nibbles eventually.

Oh, by the way, is your wife still cheating on you? I've been curious since you post your tales of marital woe back a few months ago or so.

Max, I've never been married. And I'll likely never be married. If you had been paying attention at all through time, it's not exactly a hard fact to pick up.

And ... a few months? Seriously, you're off by a factor of twelve. It's been almost three years.

If it seems like it's only been a few months, Max? Well, I don't know what that says about you, but there are certain things that I can't believe it's been a year since it happened, and such. I just had one of those moments yesterday—what the hell was it about? Anyway, would it make you feel better if I put my hair in pigtails? You have to bring your own inkwell, though.

One wonders, then, why you bother to ask the questions in the first place. The most obvious suggestion, Max, is that you want the answer in order to cry some more. ("Waaah! He answered my question! How dare he! He's so mean! Why won't anyone stop him from answering my questions! Waaah!"

According to James R's definition, that's trolling, Tiassa. Are moderators permitted to troll, but us regular folk get banned for it?

Baron Max

(Insert title here)

Baron Max said:

According to James R's definition, that's trolling, Tiassa.

So, answering your direct question is trolling? Take it up with James, then.

Are moderators permitted to troll, but us regular folk get banned for it?

Actually, everyone gets to be at least a little petty from time to time. The difference is whether they generate anything else, and in what proportion.

Interesting thread, Tiassa. Did you post it to try to get me angry and upset so you could get me banned again? :D

So, .....wouldn't you call this thread "trolling"?

Baron Max

Baron,
That shot at Tiassa about his relationship was really low.
You think he's an unfair moderator or dishonest and you use what could be a source of a lot of emotional pain to get revenge.

I think that is shit.
I'm glad it worked out that it was not a current issue.

I think that things go better when the moderators actually talk with people about these issues.

Mod Hat — Response

Mod Hat — Response

Baron Max said:

Interesting thread, Tiassa. Did you post it to try to get me angry and upset so you could get me banned again?

You see? I make a specific effort to ensure that you have a fair chance to say what you want, and you still complain.

So, .....wouldn't you call this thread "trolling"?

It is not the first time I've given a member with a burr under their saddle a thread to hash it out in. In fact, I did it just a few weeks ago so a couple of people could finish arguing about the South. What's more, you even posted in that thread.

But, hey, if that's how you feel ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back