Spiders on drugs

one_raven

God is a Chinese Whisper
Valued Senior Member
NASA Scientists injected flies with different drugs and fed them to spiders to see what would happen.

The results...

spider.jpg

Spiders on marijuana are too laid back to finish the job, while those dosed with the sedative chloral hydrate drop off before they can lay down more than a few silky filaments. On an "upper", such as the amphetamine benzedrine, the spider demonstrates great gusto but not much planning, leaving large holes in the structure. Caffeine jitters turn webs into a haphazard affair.

The article

lol! :D The spider on marijuana (which incidently is Mexican for 'intoxicant' ;) ) does a better job than the spiders on the other drugs! Admittedly it is still worse than when sober though.

rofl!! Don't need spiders telling me what drugs will do what to my mind is already made up about such things. :D

i did thisfor a science experiment in 7th grade life science.
what they also dont tell you, 4 out of 5 of theonesigave caffeine died beforethey even spun a web.

shadowpuppet:

Yeah, that's true. Dam selective testing results!

btw, judging from your username, you've read Shadow Puppets by OSC? :D :D

actually, i had the name for a website before his book, but i AM a big fan of Enders Game, andthe rest of his books, so i just keptthe name. still have to get shaow puppets, its theonly one i havent read:(

Very interesting that 4 out of 5 died on caffeine. I wound't have suspected that.

Last edited:
Originally posted by shadowpuppet
actually, i had the name for a website before his book, but i AM a big fan of Enders Game, andthe rest of his books, so i just keptthe name. still have to get shaow puppets, its theonly one i havent read:(
Don't worry, I had to wait about 3 months for mine! And let me just say, it was very ... nah, I won't ruin it for you. :D

Site on films that are going to be based on OSC's works! http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/index.html

Back