sperm, egg donation and surrogacy

for your sibling would you?

• Total voters

Asguard

Kiss my dark side
Valued Senior Member
im wondering how many people here would donate sperm,or eggs or act as a surrogate if there sibbling asked them too

That would be way to weird. Couldn't do it. If my brother couldn't have a child I'd suggest that he adopt.

CutsieMarie89 further question
do you donate blood?
whats the difference?

We were discussing at uni organ donation and people were asked what would you be willing to donate (after your dead of course) and i was one of the few people who said yes to all (liver, heart, eyes and testicals)

My brother and I don't get along that well for me to do something like that for him.
I also find the whole thing a bit weird.

do you donate blood?
whats the difference?

We were discussing at uni organ donation and people were asked what would you be willing to donate (after your dead of course) and i was one of the few people who said yes to all (liver, heart, eyes and testicals)

If he needed my blood then of course I would donate it to him. The difference is my blood won't look at me every Christmas and Thanksgiving and the thought of that kid is mine, but I'm not raising it won't flash through my mind. Like I said too weird. And I'm too selfish of a person to carry someone else's baby. If I'm going to go through the pregnancy it's mine and I'm keeping it.

of course i would. its the logical thing to do, if any of my brothers want to have a child of their own(rather than adoption) then it would be because they want to continue their genetic line i would assume, so therefore getting a sperm donation from one of their brothers(or father) in lieu of their own 'potency' would be the closest thing to it.

do you donate blood?
whats the difference?

i was having a conversation with a workmate the other day and was shocked to hear that the only case in which he would donate either blood or an organ is if one of his brothers needed it. everyone is somebodies brother/sister/child, why does it have to be your own for you to give up something that you dont need anyway?

one of my brothers has had 2 heart surgeries now, receiving a donor valve in the latest one, fact is that if someone out there wasnt willing to give up their organs upon death, my brother would be dead 5 years from now, i figure its only fair that i pay it forward and let 'em have their pick over my corpse one day.

The view from over here

If I ever discover a blood sibling, perhaps then I will be able to answer the question. As my brother and I are not related by blood, though, it would seem rather an awkward family moment.

I would only donate sperm for a male relative.

I would donate my eggs to a female relative, but not to the partner of a male one. To me that would be like incest.

Well I am for the natural flow of human life unhindered, encouraging large families worldwide without the shoddy Big Pharma contraceptive potions and poisons.

Since it would be unnatural, not exactly the natural flow, I'm not quite sure how I would prefer to answer the poll.

Back