sperm competition

preggers?

Registered Member
no, i'm not hosting one :)

but i am trying to get pregnant and i'm wondering if using the sperm from more than one guy in the same cycle increases my chances of getting pregnant or turns my uterus into a sperm battleground.

Thoughts?

Well, it would be a healthy competition, and the best "man" would win, fertilizing the egg first.

Nice strategy.

Well, if you have a husband or a boyfriend, it has been proven that you are most likely to conceive when cheating on him. So, if you want to saddle the poor shlub with someone else's child then have at it.

I have heard of this sperm battleground thing. Not sure how true it is. The less healthy sperm actually act as a blockade which fresh sperm have to get around. And there are other sperm whose job is supposedly to roam around looking for enemy sperm to mutilate.

As I said, not sure if it's true. I've seen reports that say it is and reports that say it isn't.

Hopefully someone does know more details. I've always been interested in this concept.

If you are having trouble getting pregnant, then it is you, not the sperm that is having the trouble here. I don't think a sperm cocktail of 30 guys will get you knocked up.

preggers,

Are you trying to get pregnant with just any man???

Times of highest fertility is days 12-15 in your cycle. Any other time of the month the ova is either not ready or dead.

Sperm competition is not really proven it just theorized, just stick with screwing at the right times of the month.

Sperm battleground, I bet.

By the way, it's been experimentally demonstrated that the head of the human penis is conveniently shaped so as to squidge competitors' sperm out of the vagina. A penis-shaped dildo does so something like 60% more efficiently than a simple round-ended one.

And I bet you thought all the little ridgy bits were just there for your entertainment.

Sperm don't fight each other. What would they do??? Whack each other with their tails??? Run into each other?? They're made for one purpose only, and that's to fertilise the egg. And the sperm that arrives at the egg at the right time (that is when the egg is ready to be fertilised) is the one that wins the race.

Speaking of the battleground, think about the genetics of it, how would the fighters pass on their fighting genes? Racers would dominate.

Hypathia, I didn't know that! I always though the ridge was there to stop my hand flying off and hitting me in the head.

Back