someone try this...please, I know it's stupid, but I mean, come on..

Pollux V

Ra Bless America
Registered Senior Member
Time travel thingy here. Can someone buy it? I don't have the money and wouldn't get it anyway (the hyper-dimensional resonator, at the bottom). I know the thing is likely to be bullshit and this request is fairly extraordinary but if anyone has any money to throw around I suggest the do so HERE. Thanks for hearing me out, I know this is crazy but there are some crazy people here...

Too bad about the machine...

Nice idea...too bad it wouldn't be useful for about 10-15 years. See, a time machine would only be able to bring you back to the time it was made at most. Boo hoo! :)

~Bouchard, yep, that's me Shwartz.

Ahhhh, you spelled my name wrong, oh wait, that isn't my name, this is the big bad internet, isn't it, no child molesters here (not a child, though [perks up]), maybe you should think before posting a possible LAST NAME!!!! But you did spell it wrong.

Welcome to sciforums, BTW. I don't get what you said.

I think you need to let out those hostilities you have for the Dope Fish.......

Pollux V doesn't understand?!? *Gasp*

Well, you see, a time machine can only bring you back as far as when it was created. And you need large amounts of stuff that can only be made in very small quantities in labs to keep the whole thing from exploding... :D . Don't any of you watch Nova?!?

"There cannot be a crises today. My schedule is already full"
~Henry Kissenger

I think the machine induces OBE's. So technically the machine doesn't move through time, you do.

I know, I know...

Yeah, yeah. It's a three headed monkey. :bugeye: but that's what i'm talking about in the first place. Withaout that stuff, any portal dingus you make would collapse instantly...

Grr...Never mind

Oh well, since you don't get it, I'll just have to go home and put some lotion on my wounded ego.

Lesion 42 is right! A time travel machine, if it should exist, can only bring you back in time so far as the time machine exists. Any kind of OBE you may experience, will be a hallucination in your mind, established by the machine. No A/P too.

It is only possible to travel back in time, not to the future. Don't you see? It's a nice concept though, a little dangerous mayhaps? :)

What if it tears you up in particles, little bits and pieces...?:bugeye:

Well actually you could use the theory of relativety and a sub-light spead vehicle to travel into the future, in a manner of speaking. However the thing I've always disliked about this is.... it would be a future without you, and besides why would you want to travel into the future if it may be impossible to travel back and your friends and family are here,now?

Back