Soldering Gun Registered as Firearm

goofyfish

Analog By Birth, Digital By Design
Valued Senior Member
OAK LAKE, Man. (CP) -- The Manitoba man who successfully registered his soldering gun as a firearm to protest new federal gun laws will not be charged by police… *snip* The "guns" were registered in the national database and Buckley received certificates with Black & Decker and Weller listed as the makers and soldering gun and heat gun listed as the type.
I dunno… strikes me as funny.

Peace.

I say more power to that man. Anti-gun laws are bad ideas, its not the guns that kill, its the person pulling the trigger that kills.

Originally posted by Azrael
I say more power to that man. Anti-gun laws are bad ideas, its not the guns that kill, its the person pulling the trigger that kills.
I say more power to that man. Anti-gun laws are bad ideas, its not the soldering irons that kill, its the person applying the solder that kills. :)

Originally posted by Azrael

Maybe everfy person needs to be psychometrically analysed and licensed to live then?

If you're a wee bit unstable, you get your license revoked.

I think he made his point. It is called a gun, after all. Government said register it. He did. What's the gov's issue? Make a bad law and you get these kind of results.

Back