Sleep Paralysis

Jellyfish

Registered Member
Has anyone ever heard of this, or had something like this happen? It happened to me for the second time last night. Super scary but in that “wooo, fascinating” kind of way. I woke up in the middle of the night completely stuck and unable to move, I thought for sure someone else was in the room with me because I could feel the bed shifting as if someone was on it. I tried to scream but couldn’t. A little after this point I was awake enough to realize what was going on. I got really pissed that I had been fooled and then went back to sleep, dreamt that I woke up and got out of bed like a billion times before finally waking up. The whole time I had a weird metallic taste in the back of my troat that, interestingly, is still there. The first time this happened (about 5 years ago it was all me, and happened while I was falling asleep) this time I was on 2mg of Lunesta (never taking THAT again).

Alien abductions, spiritual visions, the monster in your closet... and all that because your brain got itself disorganized.

(btw, I’m new. so hello all)

I used to have that happen to me a lot when I was a teenager and young adult. It was very irritating and a bit scary. Never happens anymore. If it happens again don't panic. Trying to fight it won't help. All you need to do is relax and fall asleep again.

It used to happen alot to me when i was younger. I remember one time, my head was face down on my pillow and i couldn't breathe, it felt like forever. For some strange reason my eyes were firmly shut, but i was fully wake, my thought that was maybe i had gone blind or something. I tried to scream and move, but it was like someone was holding me down. Finally i opened my eyes and everything stopped.

It used to happen alot to me when i was younger. I remember one time, my head was face down on my pillow and i couldn't breathe, it felt like forever. For some strange reason my eyes were firmly shut, but i was fully wake, my thought that was maybe i had gone blind or something. I tried to scream and move, but it was like someone was holding me down. Finally i opened my eyes and everything stopped.

:eek:

The whole time I had a weird metallic taste in the back of my troat that, interestingly, is still there. The first time this happened (about 5 years ago it was all me, and happened while I was falling asleep) this time I was on 2mg of Lunesta (never taking THAT again).

Lunesta is basically zopiclone, for which the most usual side effect is a bitter metallic taste. Zopiclone can also cause weakness and hypotonia, so it could explain the feeling of paralysis as well, especially if you were somehow woken while the drug was still in effect, less than 3 to 6 hours after taking a single dose. Also, known side effects include auditory and visual hallucinations, which might account for your sensation that someone is in the room with you.
It sounds like you might have taken Lunesta last night as well.

Back