Sleep Paralysis experiences

Sparrowhawk

Registered Member
My experiences of sleep paralysis are quite frequent. Stress,overtiredness and alcohol seem to exacerbate the problem.

I have had two distinct experiences of sleep paralysis of which I can clearly remember. One of them being when I was alone in my house and everyone had gone out. I fell asleep and partially woke up unable to move my legs,arms or any part of my body. I could hear the radio but felt so groggy.

I was trying to will myself to wake up but it felt impossible.I was aware that someone or something was jingling keys and slamming doors.I can also hear people talking,sometimes in high pitched voices or laughing. Sometimes I have heard growling in my ear and on one occasion I felt as if I was being held down by something. I opened my eyes partially to see a hazy grey figure sitting on the edge of my bed. This entity was speaking to me but I could only make out the words "I am not going to molest you" at which point I freaked out and woke up.

I am wondering if anyone else has had any experiences similar to mine.

You were most likely just dreaming, your brain tends to do that in the early stages of sleep, which is also when sleep paralysis occurs.

I've experienced sleep paralysis many times, laying there sort of half awake and unable to move. In those instances I never experienced anything more than a general sense that someone could come and hurt me if I wasn't able to move, and that tends to make you panic, usually a lot more than if you were fully awake, I suppose. But then I also knew that sleep paralysis is harmless, and that I HAD to be completely alone in my room, so I guess I've never had any wild experience where I imagine voices or pop cultural alien figures sitting on my bed talking about sexual molestation.

Cheese sandwiches? Man that's not the way to give yourself alien dreams. Try peanutbutter and pickles; you'll be amazed.

sleep paralysis is a very common thing..

Easy to know the real reasons... your body is still
in "sleep mode", but you wake up before it gets
back to normal

:rolleyes:

Back