Shroud of Turin

Norman

Atta Boy
Registered Senior Member
Scientists found another face on the underneath side opposite of the front side of the famous shroud showing an image of what we believe to be Christ's face after crucifixation or what we would like to believe, the moment of ressurection...........Now this new discovery will spark another debate on the authenticity of the Shroud of Turin.......What do you think about it?

Atta Boy

its crap. i thought it was just a stain or something.
yesterday i spilled my drink and some of it went onto a cloth.
the imae formed was teh exact likeness of a guy with a beard but i dont think it was made by god.

I'm always interested in the excellent scientific thought that goes into some of these replys concerning the Shroud of Turin........I guess after a thousand years or so, someone will see the image of your face on that cloth that you spilled your drink on and wonder if you're from the planet earth or from parts unknown........Probably both.

Atta Boy

Gee, I wonder what made them look at the back of the shroud after all this time? :rolleyes:

Cheers
Teri

I imagine that the Shroud of Turin will always be a religious center piece for scientific study. It's hard to deny the images that can be seen that are embedded in the cloth fibers of shroud. No one can rule out that they're not real and if in fact they are, then the implication is what we would all like to believe.......The actual image of Christ, perhaps at the moment of his ressurection.......The only real question in my mind is the actual age of the cloth? Is it actually dated back to the 12th or 13th century or does it really go back to the time of Christ and is indeed his burial cloth........Maybe a little more scientific study and testing will tell us.

Atta Boy

really, thats great.
thank you for proving once and for all how much rubbish and how much fakery there is in religion.

(cries up into the sky)
HAHA WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT YOU GODDAM (i see the irony) BASTARDS WITH YOUR MIND CONTROL AND YOUR DOMINATION OVER THE WEAK WILLED

Gagarin said:
C14 analysis reveal the age of shroud: 600 years. That's the fact. Amen.

Well, analysis from three independant sources puts the creation date of the shroud between 1260 and 1390. The shroud first appeared when a Knight, Sir Geoffrey de Charny, claimed to have discovered it in Constantinople, in 1349. Interesting that this date is smack in the middle of the estimate, and faking religious artefacts was big business back then.

It's a fake. Just look at the damned thing. A body would not leave marks like that, it is so obviously a painting.

Also there is no distortion of the image which would occur if it was laid over a body, look at it, it is like a painting. Leviticus save that stain you might be able to get BIG bucks for it one day. "Behold I found these levis 501 jeans in the tomb of the lord" Phlogistician have you read Umberto Eccos "Baudolino" the bits about making relics had me rolling.

phlogistician said:
Well, analysis from three independant sources puts the creation date of the shroud between 1260 and 1390. The shroud first appeared when a Knight, Sir Geoffrey de Charny, claimed to have discovered it in Constantinople, in 1349. Interesting that this date is smack in the middle of the estimate, and faking religious artefacts was big business back then.

It's a fake. Just look at the damned thing. A body would not leave marks like that, it is so obviously a painting.
M*W: If you look at the whole piece of cloth unfolded, it sorta looks like the first tie-die.

The tie-dye effect is from water stains and burn damage that it suffered while folded. The water is suspected to be from while it sat in a clay jar like that used for such storage in the ancient mideast. The burns from silver chest during a fire in a french monastery.

Supposedly the weaving method of the cloth matches that practiced in the mideast during the time of Jesus.

Some scientist demonstrated how a naturally occuring bacteria on a corpse could have produced the image. Another is trying to replicate the effect using some radioactive eminations supposedly released as the shroud fell through Jesus' body during resurrection.

All this from a program on CBS or one of those nutwerks.

So Jesus may have left his funk on a sheet. I'm sure he soiled more than a few. Doesn't mean he was a minor deity or part of a whole deity. I've stained a few myself.

Seems to me, we don't need anymore holy grails. And zealots need to stop claiming scrolls, cups, sheets, rocks and sites holy, representative of their chosen deity and worth worshipping and dying for.

So ends my weak contribution to this thread.

I believe the Shroud of Turin or any other religious artifact for that matter, always creates an atmosphere for either wanting to prove or disapprove the existance of Christ......I'm always amazed at those who always want to disprove some artifact found of religious importance...........I'm sure if they found a menu used for the "Last Supper" scribed on an ancient stone, they would want to try and disprove that too.....As they say, keep the faith......... Something will turn up someday that will quiet the doubters................It always does.

Atta Boy

Back