Sheep

alexb123

The Amish web page is fast!
Valued Senior Member
We were walking in a field near us today and some strange things happened with the sheep.

Normally the sheep would run if we got anywhere near them but today they didn't. This was due to a ram who was in the next field on his own. So instead of running all of the ewes circled us in what seemed an agressive manner.

So my question is why did the sheep do this? Was it that they thought we might let the ram out? Or was it that they didn't want us near their next date?

blacksheepsbs.GIF

Last edited:
Interesting. I own sheep.

I've seen them do some pretty strange things. If a sheep feels threatened, running is normally their first reaction. I've seen them get aggressive with each other and stomp and huff.

I've seen them circle our cat in what appeared to be some kind of reverent awe.

We also have a goat we keep with them. I've seen them stomp and put up a fuss with him too (but they usually end up running).

I can't imagine them having group proprietary feelings toward the ram. Maybe they thought you were bringing them a grain supplement? (which they love and will nearly mob us to get).

Sounds wierd.

We were walking in a field near us today and some strange things happened with the sheep.

Normally the sheep would run if we got anywhere near them but today they didn't. This was due to a ram who was in the next field on his own. So instead of running all of the ewes circled us in what seemed an agressive manner.

So my question is why did the sheep do this? Was it that they thought we might let the ram out? Or was it that they didn't want us near their next date?

What did you do to them the last time that you saw them, molest them or something? :D

Interesting. I own sheep.

I've seen them do some pretty strange things. If a sheep feels threatened, running is normally their first reaction. I've seen them get aggressive with each other and stomp and huff.

I've seen them circle our cat in what appeared to be some kind of reverent awe.

We also have a goat we keep with them. I've seen them stomp and put up a fuss with him too (but they usually end up running).

I can't imagine them having group proprietary feelings toward the ram. Maybe they thought you were bringing them a grain supplement? (which they love and will nearly mob us to get).

Sounds wierd.

It was very weird they all acted as a group. Many of them had run from the other side of the field, to all stand there silent looking at us.

You may have inadvertently spoken a sheep password.

In the film "Babe", the pig is unable to herd sheep until he learns
sheep passwords.

Can you remember what you were saying?

Back