Shadow people?

JoojooSpaceape

Burn in hell Hippies
Registered Senior Member
I have often thought this along with most other things complete nonsense, But when i was walking down the stairs earlier today early in the morning, to print out a paper i needed, when i looked down i swear to my life i saw a black outline of a man, who ran to the left, and when i walked down to see what it was i saw nothing and i turned around and i saw this black outline standing right behind me, and i reached for the light and turned it on and it was gone. Though i really suppose this is probably just my imagination running wild with the idea, it is quite possible i wanted to believe in something, but oh well, what are all of your thoughts on this?;)

You're too jumpy, says I.

Aside from the more obvious reasons shadows couldn't really be alive, because a shadow is not a thing, but instead an absence of a thing, it's just a lack of light, in the same way that cold is a lack of heat.

aye i took that idea into mind, as i have said before, everythign is possible but hardly ever probable, just retelling a story ;)

Originally posted by edgar
I see stuff like that too jojo.

I bet shadows are alive and they are just really good at hiding it, they can stay very still when they know that we are looking.

Well, the human mind acts generally as a context generator. If you look for patterns that fit your suspicion, you're likely to find it you know? On top of that.. your mind is generally doing that without your consent if you're not very very careful. Your mind will find a pattern in the darkness because it is accustomed to finding patterns wherever it looks... so to speak.

[color=blood red]I had a somewhat similar experience not too long ago. I remember that I was sitting on my computer one morning talking on aim (I was home alone). When I heard some kind of rustling sound behind me, like the shuffling of feet, or something like that... and I swear I could feel a presence, so I turned around, and then I saw a black amorphis shadow thing go passed me, and then it dissapeared... I have to mention something though before I (or anyone else) jumps to conclusions. I had been up for almost 24 hours, so it's possible I was just... seeing things that weren't there I guess...

Another point of view could be made, that when you don't get enough sleep, and you see something out of the ordinary, it's not that you're seeing things that are unordinary there, but that you are more sensitive to things that normally you wouldn't notice... just speculation of course.

As far as shadows being living things, anything is possible I guess. Interesting concept. Of course I'm thinking about it in Sci Fi terms, not logical terms.[/color]

Originally posted by Kryzula
I had been up for almost 24 hours, so it's possible I was just... seeing things that weren't there I guess...

It's a fairly established fact that humans will hallucinate under physiological or psychological stresses... particularly when sleep deprived or nutritionally deficit.

Native American cultures use this along with other physical conditions like the heat of a sweatlodge or peyote to induce visions. Hence the term Vision Quest.

This is likely a useful tool in mental self-examination, since unconscious desires, fears, concerns, etc. may come to the surface in the hallucinations that follow.

*Now where's my peyote?.....

Back