Sexual Taboo: Adults and Minors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoreau

Valued Senior Member
Ok, lets take a look at a darker subject here....

My question is why is it morally wrong for an adult to be attracted to a minor?

And why is it we have very little problem if it is a minor attracted to an adult? For example a 14 year old girl who has the hots for Brad Pitt. Or a 14 year old boy that has the hots for his Geology teacher?

Speaking of teachers, there has been lately a lot of news of teachers having sex with their underaged students. However, it is ALWAYS the teacher that gets prosecuted and punished, never the minor. Why?

why is it morally wrong for an adult to be attracted to a minor?

Because certain societies decided that it is. In others they routinely marry 8-10 years old girls to much older men. By the way in modern Western societies only ACTING on it is wrong, not the DESIRE.

And why is it we have very little problem if it is a minor attracted to an adult? For example a 14 year old girl who has the hots for Brad Pitt. Or a 14 year old boy that has the hots for his Geology teacher?

I don't think it's immoral simply be attracted to someone or a certain type of people. I've always preferred women who look a certain way. I can't help who I find attractive. It's just what I like. :shrug:

Acting on those feelings are a different story, though, when the people you get the hots for are minors. And I'll be honest; I think that any adult who is sexually attracted to minors (not necessarily 16 or 17 year olds, but pre-pubescent children) has some "issues".

Speaking of teachers, there has been lately a lot of news of teachers having sex with their underaged students. However, it is ALWAYS the teacher that gets prosecuted and punished, never the minor. Why?

Because the teacher, as an adult (and usually in a position of direct administrative power over the student), is expected to know better. I have no problem with this.

Last edited:
Really? Seriously?

Mz3Boy84 said:

Seriously?

Are people just checkers on a board to you? Little Xs and Os on a computer display? Mere statistics with nothing differentiating them but the law?

The foundation of this question is so dubious I'm having a hard time understanding how it is genuine. A little help here? Seriously, where does this question even come from?

Seriously?

Are people just checkers on a board to you? Little Xs and Os on a computer display? Mere statistics with nothing differentiating them but the law?

The foundation of this question is so dubious I'm having a hard time understanding how it is genuine. A little help here? Seriously, where does this question even come from?

And yet you didn't answer the question. Good waste of space that post was. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's immoral simply be attracted to someone or a certain type of people. I've always preferred women who look a certain way. I can't help who I find attractive. It's just what I like. :shrug:

Acting on those feelings are a different story, though, when the people you get the hots for are minors. And I'll be honest; I think that any adult who is sexually attracted to minors (not necessarily 16 or 17 year olds, but pre-pubescent children) has some "issues".

Because the teacher, as an adult (and usually in a position of direct administrative power over the student), is expected to know better. I have no problem with this.

It is obvious by law that is illegal for an adult to persue a minor. But is it specified by law for a minor to pursue an adult?

It is obvious by law that is illegal for an adult to persue a minor. But is it specified by law for a minor to pursue an adult?

I don't think it is. Minors need protection from adults for obvious reasons. How much protection does an adult need from minors? The law is based on the assumption that an adult knows better and will behave accordingly.

The obvious

MZ3Boy84 said:

And yet you didn't answer the question. Good waste of space that post was. :rolleyes:

I must have missed the memo when we abandoned the expectation that topic posts should have a useful point to make, or at least a clue what the member is trying to discuss. And, yes, even if that clue is that one is clueless, that suffices. Meanwhile, the answers vary depending on whether you are making a serious inquiry or simply dicking around. Thank you for clarifying that it is, in fact, the latter.

That way, I can save even more space.

Mod Hat - Closure

Mod Hat — Closure

Clueless topic posts just don't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back