Sex is rape?

Asguard

Kiss my dark side
Valued Senior Member
Bells this if for you.

I don't know how to label this thread, I couldn't believe anyone would say something like this but *shrug*. Background, this was a female left-wing uni student who apparently has a partner.

The issue is that male sexuality is inherently more aggressive than female sexuality and along with the fact that men are generally physically larger, it creates a power imbalance which is reminiscent of rape in certain situations.

Bells this if for you.

I don't know how to label this thread, I couldn't believe anyone would say something like this but *shrug*. Background, this was a female left-wing uni student who apparently has a partner.

why would someone want to rape ? why would some one want to be close to some who does not want it to be close contact ? yuck

Bells this if for you.

Why is this 'for me' and what exactly does this have to do with me in particular?

Since you strangely addressed this to me, I'd point out that she (I am assuming it is a 'she' since there is no link which would allow us to see the gist of the discussion in the first place) discusses it in regards to 'certain situations'.. Does she define what those situations are? Does she mean rape role play between sexual partners? What exactly? She states that in some situations where there is a power imbalance, it is "reminiscent" of rape in "certain situations".. You really haven't given us much to go on.

Context, Asguard, is everything. Especially on forums.

I can see her point. Some sex could be rape-like.
Certain positions can be very dominating for a man.
But, some can be dominating for a woman.

As long as the sex is consensual, regardless of position or technique, it is still fundamentally different than rape.

Back