second-class citizens

Maybe I am just biased, but I haven't seen that Andrew. Of course Atheists aren't going to agree with you, and debates may get heated now and then with flames and such...but treated as 2nd class citizens? I don't think anyone is telling anyone else they are a lesser person for believing what they believe.

We are all but virtual bits and bytes in cyberspace when it comes to this forum. How can one set of binary code be any better than another.

In other words, we are all equal here. ;)

To be honest, I think its kinda weird putting a religion forum on a science forum site. But hey, its not my place to say that.
You must have mistunderstood that we aren't trying to put down or look down on religious people, we merely state whats on our minds. It called a debate.

Originally posted by Andrew111
Why do some of the members of the forum treat ppl that belive in god as second-class citizens.

Andrew111,

Don't feel that way. What you said is true. People who don't believe what you believe would treat you like a 2nd class citizen. I have been in political debate for many years.... I always get treated like crap when I am out-numbered. I have noticed every time I am in a flame war, other folks always stick up for people who belong to their ideological spectrum even though I am not the person who started it.

What I do and what you need to do is to stop acting like a victim and stick it to them. Be a real man. Debunk their arguments and shove it up their asses.

However, since you are a theist, you are at a great disavantage here. You are definitely going to lose. You are welcomed to convert to an atheist any time. Hey, if you can't beat them, join them.

BTW, I rarely visit this section anymore because I the atheist vs theist debate is getting old. I want to see people talk about religion for a change.

Back