sciforums banner

Porfiry

Nomad
Registered Senior Member
I'm surprised no one has noticed this yet:

sfad.gif

I threw this banner together a few days ago. I like the aesthetic of it, and I thought I might expand on the idea for t-shirts etc.

Any alternative suggestions for people? (In case you didn't know, the people currently pictured are (from left) Feynman, Hawking, Goedel, Nietzsche, Camus, and Marx.)

Porfiry ...

The only place I've see that banner is over at WebFanSite.

Am I confused ... or what?

Porfiry, a nice couple of humans with a lot of wisdom you have there.

I read a lot of Nietzche and Marx, the others I know off, but not so well as the two I mentioned.;)

;) How about we get some Bjork up there? I need her on that banner.

;) But anyway, put that banner everywhere. It looks great.

It looks great:) But maybe you could find a way to indicate on it who are those people. Not everybody knows their faces.
In rest, it's perfect.;)

I do agree with Congratulations (not about Bjork!!) and Twilight in this.

So porfiry, why don't you make it the Banner for Sciforums?;)

A special Banner only for Sciforums....Great.:)

;) My head has just given me a revelation!

We have too many blacks, grays and blues here on sciforums. Very sterile colors. Maybe what we need is reds, yellows, purples, etc to get people thinking on more levels. Not to say we're all too level-headed, but having a diversified color set could be a great thing. I see a rainbow of oppurtunities for sciforums!

How about an avatar contest? We could vote on who has the best avatar, and the winner could get the privealge of a bigger size avatar, like 120x120 instead of 60x60!

I sound like an idiot, but who knows? We could be a circus of fun!

Great idea, yes...

But I guess you have to buy some stuff Porfiry is selling to keep up the good work at Sciforums, for I don't think he can realize it just like that.:)

Ever looked at it?
There are all kind of things to be found with the name of Sciforums on it. Can't remember right away under which Forum it is.
Thought it is Free Thoughts.
Look it up, it is not so hard to do. Have fun...;)

I remember seeing that stuff. He should just put up a permenant store, it wouldn't be insulting at all, if that would be a problem.

Oh wait! Now I remember where that stuff was! It was in a temparary banner on the top of the screen back in my piffi days. I'd laugh but I guess it isn't all that funny.

;) But I'd buy that stuff, sure.

I have been looking for the thread where the stuff was under, but I can't find it back.:)

And then I was totally forgotten about your former indentity, was looking it up to give you the right thread.

I posted a new thread at Site Feetback to ask Porfiry what he had done with it.

Perhaps he removed it. I am waiting for his answer, now I want to know what has become of that thread.;)

;) Oh Banshee! I'd die laughing if you actually thought 'my old piffi days' was a thread! And I thought I'd be exorcised for having two identities.

Jesus Christ....I feel like I just came out of the closet. It gives me shivers up and down my spine.....

Ideas, Ideas

Good suggestions, folks.

I think the URL you're looking for is http://www.cafepress.com/sciforums

But, be warned I'll be putting up some better designs in the (near?) future (like I said, based on the banner design). The current designs (with just the logo) are somewhat boring.

And piff...Congrats, everyone here has at least a few aliases :)

Porfiry, thank you for the information.
I will take a look there. Perhaps I will buy something from you, if not to expensive..;)

By the way, I have no aliasses. Only Banshee. Even the same name at SETI in the Netherlands. There are forums also and my name and avatar are exactly the same. Go take a look if you don't believe me. www.seti.nl

Click on communicatie and then at forums.

Congratulations, you misunderstood me. I was referring to the thread about the items of Sciforums. Where this could be found, not to the thread Piffi....I am not a fool....What do you think?:)

protest

To my mind Carl Marx must be replaced. I suggest Einstein-a true scientist. Thanks to Carl Marx ideology there were killed and sent to Siberia about 500 000 Latvians and ruined lives of about 2 million others. And those are just Latvians, not to mention Estonians, Lithuanians, Polish and so on.
Utopia never leads to any good.

Yes, more colours!!!!!!

PLEAAAASE!!!!!!!
Piffi= Congratulations?
Just so you all know, I have only ONE identity here, my own.
Charon, are you also Malaclypse then, since you have the same avatar?

:)

Quite disturbing indeed!

I have also found that the picture of Karl Marx (far right side) has been replaced by a picture of Howard Stern.

Often I have wondered if Malaclypse was Howard Stern, in the past. I must now assume that this is the case after all.

Well, I prefer the Banner without the picture of Howardstern. Not much to do with the others in the Banner.;)

But if you like it, be happy with it.

Bebelina, more colors please.:p

Back