Science creates sperm from bone marrow, ethicists want ban

MetaKron

Registered Senior Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6547675.stm

We're far enough along to be able to alter normal somatic cells to make them into reproductive cells. Human cloning would be enabled by doing a similar trick with cells that have the individual's entire genetic code and then they could start manufacturing organs that actually work as exact replacement parts.

What kind of ethicists think that this process should be banned? I don't really care and don't really care to debate with them. At some point they need to be tossed out on their butts. If they have a right to come to me and complain that they don't think I should grow a replacement organ using my own genetic code, then I have the right to throw them out so hard they roll when they hit the ground. I would rather be called a "nappy-headed ho" even if I was one. It's a lot better than being refused the right to keep the pet that I want, the firearm that I want, or to have a new heart without having to take immune-suppressing drugs all the time. Or am I insane to think that the ultimate insult is more bearable than being denied a LIFE?

IF THEY can take one of my cells... and grow new tailor made organs in a tank.... then thats great.... ill take it.

but if they have to grow a whole new me.... then harvest... then no... i would not approve.

ive heard they can do it in a tank.... so why not.

-MT

MetaKron The human body is appalling and to some it should be banned in it's interly. Especialy the liver and the spleen.

With the info you give I'm quit certain that who ever wants it's banned has to ID what their talking abouth

Take a look at this:

ent.stem.gif

if i was in charge we would be creating super humans already, i would have factorys pumping out organs for everybody, and the the protestors can suck my balls or get incinerated, long live communist dictators.

democracy is shameful we dont get anything done, i say bring back the days of kings.

:)

peace

In that case, lets ban masturbation. Lets ban sex. Lets also ban anything organic. Or we can go even further: Lets completely ban anything from ever changing or removing something else.

Screw it, lets just sit around, decompose, and "calmly" embrace our inevitable destruction. Brilliant. While we're at it, lets halt all scientific advancements. That way we can be sure to destroy ourselves faster.

Back