Science and Sciencism

duendy

Registered Senior Member
i sense sciencism all round, not real science. am aware of the fragmentation of science also. Ie., no recogniton amongst positivist science-minded types and pracitioners of the new emerging sciences which are much more open and accepting of radical ideas, such as Nature being sentient, and of possible spiritual experiences being authentic, as wel as the whole abduction phenomena.

How does one spot a sciencismist? They ae very hostile if one shows any creative exploratin that hasn't got 'evidence' attached. Always, no matter what you may be talking about.....hujan relations, sex,
politics, you nameit ......they suggest one cannot have ideas and explore as long as you are not a scientist, and have no 'evidence'.

This is similar to religion. I.e., the Church condemning ANY experience unless sanctioned by the Church!...This is the fee i get from sciencism

I am hoping anothe member not familiar with this pseudoscience forum may back me up wit this. Reading a post earlier inspired me to start this thread

I agree with Feminist critics of scine, that you'll who promote science in the way you do--ie as sciencism--are yourselves seemingly unaware of the patriarchal assumptions you share. your 'mind/body problem' for example......Your views of females etc. Your belief that yu can be wholly objective with your scientific method and how it must there fore be 'truth'............But i see you as a Kafkaesque iron door ready to slam shut in front on anyone wanting to explore beyond consensual boundaries. you use various forms of attack to defend your worldview

duendy said:
i sense sciencism all round, not real science. am aware of the fragmentation of science also. Ie., no recogniton amongst positivist science-minded types and pracitioners of the new emerging sciences which are much more open and accepting of radical ideas, such as Nature being sentient, and of possible spiritual experiences being authentic, as wel as the whole abduction phenomena.

How does one spot a sciencismist? They ae very hostile if one shows any creative exploratin that hasn't got 'evidence' attached. Always, no matter what you may be talking about.....hujan relations, sex,
politics, you nameit ......they suggest one cannot have ideas and explore as long as you are not a scientist, and have no 'evidence'.

This is similar to religion. I.e., the Church condemning ANY experience unless sanctioned by the Church!...This is the fee i get from sciencism

I am hoping anothe member not familiar with this pseudoscience forum may back me up wit this. Reading a post earlier inspired me to start this thread

I agree with Feminist critics of scine, that you'll who promote science in the way you do--ie as sciencism--are yourselves seemingly unaware of the patriarchal assumptions you share. your 'mind/body problem' for example......Your views of females etc. Your belief that yu can be wholly objective with your scientific method and how it must there fore be 'truth'............But i see you as a Kafkaesque iron door ready to slam shut in front on anyone wanting to explore beyond consensual boundaries. you use various forms of attack to defend your worldview

quote evrithin, say notin, be duendy

Duendy : If it wasn't for challenges, you would just be a hollow voice in the wind. Sometimes you have to block the gaps where the wind comes out to change the tune the flute makes thus creating harmonies. Dont resist it.

peace

c20

c20H25N3o said:
Duendy : If it wasn't for challenges, you would just be a hollow voice in the wind. Sometimes you have to block the gaps where the wind comes out to change the tune the flute makes thus creating harmonies. Dont resist it.
peace

c20
soooooooo PLAY IT............() what are your thoughts ...challenges? come on now. dont be a shy one like (Q )..pretendin 'he' dont understand my typos.....hah!

duendy said:
soooooooo PLAY IT............() what are your thoughts ...challenges? come on now. dont be a shy one like (Q )..pretendin 'he' dont understand my typos.....hah!

!.............

Back