Saving Atheists from Tons of Grief

lixluke

Refined Reinvention
Valued Senior Member
This is a religion subforum in a science forum. Discussions of atheism here will be held up to scientific scrutiny just as are discussions in the physics subforum. For those of you who don't understand what that means, it means this. A statement or claim will be met with the following request:

A) Do you have evidence for this?

B) Please provide said evidence.

The discussions that follow will generally consist of the science-minded among us trying to explain to the atheists why what they have claimed is baseless due to the lack of evidence or the evidence being useless from a scientific standpoint.

From my perspective, some of the most fascinating discussions regard the evolutionary psychology behind atheistic thinking and behavior and the idea that science can provide reality-based solutions to some long-standing human problems caused by atheistic thinking.

If you think that the scientific community is polite and tolerant of poor evidence, unsupported claims and logically absurd claims, then you are woefully mistaken. These "events" are met with the harshest criticisms.

cool skill said:
This is a religion subforum in a science forum. Discussions of atheism here will be held up to scientific scrutiny just as are discussions in the physics subforum. For those of you who don't understand what that means, it means this. A statement or claim will be met with the following request:

Nope. No evidence at all for gods. Therefore I've chosen none. How 'bout you, do you have evidence for gods? Which have you chosen based on what evidence?

cool skill said:

The discussions that follow will generally consist of the science-minded among us trying to explain to the atheists why what they have claimed is baseless due to the lack of evidence or the evidence being useless from a scientific standpoint.

From my perspective, some of the most fascinating discussions regard the evolutionary psychology behind atheistic thinking and behavior and the idea that science can provide reality-based solutions to some long-standing human problems caused by atheistic thinking.

If you think that the scientific community is polite and tolerant of poor evidence, unsupported claims and logically absurd claims, then you are woefully mistaken. These "events" are met with the harshest criticisms.

remember when you started a similar thread before and it got shut down? you think you'd learn to give it up.

This is a religion section, in a science forum, and atheism shall be scrutinized.

cool skill said:

No problem. As it should be.

Again, as it should be.

That's funny, you've never regarded them as fascinating, but instead, idiotic.

Once again, as it should be.

So you wanna talk about evidence. Well here you go. Lets start from scratch Religion is non-existant convince me that a god exists. It might work in a third world country but not here. Thats your damn evidence. So Please Sit Down and Shut Up.

HAHAHAHA,

Again CS? http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=55303

Ok, I'll play along.

cool skill said:

Excellent!

cool skill said:

Woo hoo!

cool skill said:

False claim.
Contradictive evidence: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=55303

cool skill said:

Sweet!

Well as Skinwalker said, there is no proof of any God, so to choose one is silly. There is however proof that many parts of established religions are false such as Adam and Eve, 7 day creation, young Earth etc... Which is starting from the most obvious - To work my way down to smaller vague claims would take me all day.

Back