Sandusky Releases Audio Statement

Bowser

Namaste
Valued Senior Member
Convicted of 45 counts of child molestation, he maintains his innocents. I can't understand how he can possibly continue denying his guilt. Is this typical for predators?

http://www.ctvnews.ca

Kind of, sort of, but not entirely

Bowser said:

Is this typical for predators?

By my understanding, it is not typical across the board, but, rather, within a subset of predators.

Unfortunately, I cannot at present recall the pathology involved. But, generally speaking, there are three primary categories:

(1) I'm good enough to get what I want.
(2) Help me, stop me, please.
(3) I have done nothing wrong.​

But, no, I am unable to wax philosophical or scientific at present on how those outlooks are formulated.

(And the thing is, in Sandusky's case, you know, I can intellectually grasp the idea of one victim being some sort of misunderstanding. But if we consider the parade of victims as misunderstandings, it's just hard to accept the proposition in the face of so many accusations. That is to say, if Sandusky can create that many misunderstandings, there is still something very, very wrong about his.)

Convicted of 45 counts of child molestation, he maintains his innocents. I can't understand how he can possibly continue denying his guilt. Is this typical for predators?

http://www.ctvnews.ca

I can't address predators in particular - but I figure most of us are aware that something over 90% of the people in prison claim they're innocent.

(And the thing is, in Sandusky's case, you know, I can intellectually grasp the idea of one victim being some sort of misunderstanding. But if we consider the parade of victims as misunderstandings, it's just hard to accept the proposition in the face of so many accusations. That is to say, if Sandusky can create that many misunderstandings, there is still something very, very wrong about his.)

Yeah, you would think the guy would just bag it and throw his ass on the mercy of the court, but that would probably only garnish more contempt. Maybe it's gone so far that he can't reverse his position. It's a sinking ship either way.

As I read all this, I thought about the Jackson case and how I'd heard (from a reliable source) that after Jackson died, Jordan Chandler admitted he'd been put up to accusing Jackson by his father to get money from Jackson. He'd confessed and Evan Chandler, the father, committed suicide. He was said to have said it was all lies.

Thinking about this, I thought I'd point it out.
I don't believe Sandusky is innocent.
But worth the thought of "what if the accusers are doing as they had in the Jackson case?" After-all, I spent years believing Jackson had done that thing only to find out after he died he was innocent.

Right?

I was going to post links to the relevant articles.

I found articles on Evan Chandlers suicide- and some interesting tidbits within them.
There are ZERO articles covering Jordan Chandlers Confession- save one from the now defunct "Kingofpop" website, which appeared the day after Chandlers death.
I did find some W.O.T. red sites claiming the story, one is a Bollywood/Asia site. I didn't bother.

Nothing in the Chronicles, the Times, CBS, CNN, NBC- Nothing. Not a peep.

The interesting tidbits in Chandlers case were "the death has caused speculations as to why he committed suicide."

HMMM...

EDIT: Time for Snopes.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chandler.asp
http://www.examiner.com/article/mic...ndler-never-admitted-to-lying-despite-reports
Sandusky, say hello to Micheal for me.

The man likes to manipulate people and this is his attempt at manipulating, once more, the media and those who watch.

He is 70 years old so any amount of time over 50 years , I hope he gets life, will probably see him die in prison. Don't forget that if he is peaceful inside prison he can get out in half the time he is sentenced to. That's why I put at least 50 years for he would be 95 if he ever lived that long when he would be eligable for early release.

How many victims are involved in the sandusky case...eight or ten? No, I can't believe this is a miscarriage of justice. Still, I was surprised to learn that others at Penn State had showered with young boys too... http://www.huffingtonpost.com

Is this typical for predators?

Yes.

He does not believe he has done anything wrong. Listen to how he blames the victims.

We are talking about a man who openly raped a boy in the communal showers (he was even caught doing it by another assistant coach). He doesn't view his actions as being wrong. In his mind, having openly gotten away with it for so long, he will believe he is innocent.

I think for a crime of this magnitude it's better to maintain innocence, he still has family and friends he doesn't want to alienate which he would if he just said yea he did it.

Still, I was surprised to learn that others at Penn State had showered with young boys too... http://www.huffingtonpost.com
I was surprised to notice how many people seemed to think that the simple fact of having showered with boys was proof of some kind of guilt.

Sandusky's guilt seems well established - much better than Michael Jackson's, in the one victim no witness comparison above - but gang showers are common in athletic venues, and those open to wide age ranges segregate shower facilities by sex, not age. Haven't these people ever been to a community gym, like a Y or a karate studio or a town swimming pool?

I was surprised to notice how many people seemed to think that the simple fact of having showered with boys was proof of some kind of guilt.

Sandusky's guilt seems well established - much better than Michael Jackson's, in the one victim no witness comparison above - but gang showers are common in athletic venues, and those open to wide age ranges segregate shower facilities by sex, not age. Haven't these people ever been to a community gym, like a Y or a karate studio or a town swimming pool?

True enough, but my sense is that those norms have been changing over the past couple of decades.

Back