RETRY: calling all (a)theists

Zero

Banned
Banned
NOTE: I regenerate this because the last one devolved into a useless thread that died. I hope everyone will keep this in mind, especially in light of the recent tragedies within the Religion forum.

I'm atheist. I don't believe in Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism etc etc or any of it. I don't believe in any supernatural being or force.
However, it has been my policy to try and respect everyone's views. Unless you're an absolute dumbass who can't entertain an idea within your mind without getting an emotional feeling (whether + or -), it is possible to disagree and make valid arguments without causing bitter feelings. Such intelligent discussion, in my opinion, made sciforums appeal to me in the first place.

But recently, some n00bs seem to be ruining that atmosphere with negative, closeminded, and scornful attitudes. They are discussing under the assumption that their views are superior to any others and they're merely there to scold or enlighten. It's quite sad, really.

If you are atheist, I implore you to stop the bullshit and come back to old school decent atheism. You're giving us all a bad name. And that never helped, did it? If we all discussed without that stupid n00b attitude there would be significantly less antiatheist hatred nowadays.

If you are religious, I also implore you to stop the bullshit. Being closeminded never makes you or your religion better in others' eyes. And if you are unable to not become heatedly emotional during religious discussions, I'd say you need more mental maturation to do before coming back to sciforums.

Now I will wait for your responses (or abuse), if any.

-central philosophy of Zero, Sage of Chaos

BUMP

I only want people to read this.

I don't believe in Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism

*ahem* You do believe in it, you just don't believe in what they stand for. If you say that you don't believe it, you're saying Christianity doesn't exsist when it does. Get my drift?

Anyway, I'm all for it

Oh yeah, Zero, care to expand on who/what these n00bs are?

n00bs? The ones who start from the "I am superior and you know it" stance? That's what makes them n00bish.

:eek::eek::eek: WTF??? You call and he answers??? What is this??? CONSPIRACY!!!! *falls in dead faint*

Like Beetlejuice, if we say his name three times will he dissapear?

I have no clue what you guys are saying.

R ya gonna let me in?

Cris;

I've never seen you post so light-heartedly before!

Oh, pay no attention to Xev, she's just making it all up. There is no such thing as 1337 hax0rs anymore, is there?

At least anyone who claims to be 1337 most certainly isn't.

Nebula iz wrong. i m l33t liek Jeff K and i m hax0ring ur system! Serves you rite 4 not using Lunix! :p

I myself believe in a God, but i also believe that what you are saying is correct. Those atheists who are being 'rude' or contentious should stand back and take a deep breath. I myself haven't argued with an atheist here, but I have looked at a couple of the threads where this takes place.

I've also noticed that it isn't just atheists that are be contentious and just posting to anihilate someone's beliefs, but it is also theists. The only thread in which i participate in this section is the Mormons are a cult one. I myself am LDS, and in that thread i have noticed that everytime i make a valid point, or post a question that has an answer that would contradict what the others were saying, i notice that these people evade the posts, and then start ranting again about this and that. Zero is actually one of the only people in that thread that you can remotely, possibly talk to at all.

So, as Zero says, I implore those that are just here to bring up a spirit of contentiousness, and those that are just here to rant and rave that everyone doesn't believe the same thing as you, should take a step back and look at what they're doing, and hopefully improve their attitude and come back in. This i believe will make these forums even better than they already are.

00ps, the 00s threw me. D0h.

Thanks Neb.

Light-hearted? It has been a good day. But there is very little in life that should be taken seriously except death, and that really isn't life anyway.

Zero

But recently, some n00bs seem to be ruining that atmosphere with negative, closeminded, and scornful attitudes. They are discussing under the assumption that their views are superior to any others and they're merely there to scold or enlighten. It's quite sad, really.

I wouldn't be surprised if I was in that category... I'm a pretty mean bastard when I'm in the mood. I'm making a concerted effort to reduce the personal attacks, even when everybody's favourite theist (do I really have to name him?) is involved.

If you are atheist, I implore you to stop the bullshit and come back to old school decent atheism. You're giving us all a bad name. And that never helped, did it? If we all discussed without that stupid n00b attitude there would be significantly less antiatheist hatred nowadays.

If you are religious, I also implore you to stop the bullshit. Being closeminded never makes you or your religion better in others' eyes. And if you are unable to not become heatedly emotional during religious discussions, I'd say you need more mental maturation to do before coming back to sciforums.

Things always get nasty when ego is involved. If someone's pet theory or idea gets trampled on they can become irate. I'm willing to engage people in rational debate, an exchange of ideas, but if they can't answer me head-on and merely insult me instead I'll probably respond in kind. Didn't the bible have something to say about that? ;)

I hate to say it, but regardless of how much we agree with you, there will always be twats who insist on rolling in the gutter and dragging as many people as they can with them. All we can do is ignore them.

I hate to say it, but regardless of how much we agree with you, there will always be twats who insist on rolling in the gutter and dragging as many people as they can with them. All we can do is ignore them.

"I am happy in my mud puddle, kindly leave me be."
--Marquis de Sade

I'll respond rationally to a rational post, and I'll use an irrational post to have a bit of fun with. I like a nice flamewar now and then, and I don't see what's wrong with that.

Back