Remote Viewing.....

THE Shadow

Registered Member
Anyone familiar with Major Ed Dames? I took a course under him a few years ago. I stopped when I realized it was for real.... it actually works, and it may not be for everyone......

Why would you take a course on something you didn't think was real? Once you found out it was real you then quit? Strange.

Remote viewing has been pretty useless so far. ..

because

I had too much time on my hands at the time. I had been studying it from a distance, and I didn't know whether it worked or not. I was curious to see if it could really work. To get any deeper into it would have required much more time than I wanted to spend with it. I had satisfied my curiousity, and I didn't want it to kill the cat....
It has been mostly useless.

Remote Viewing (RV) is the process by which a person attempts to gather information through paranormal means on a remote target that is hidden from physical view and typically separated from the viewer at some distance, and is a form of extra-sensory perception.The term was introduced by parapsychologists Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff in 1974.

Remote viewing was popularized in the 1990s, following the declassification of documents related to the Stargate Project, a 20 million dollar U.S. Federal Government sponsored research program to determine the possibility of psychic phenomena, and any potential military application. The program was terminated in 1995, citing a lack of evidence that demonstrated the program had any value to the intelligence community.

As with other forms of extra-sensory perception, no claims of remote viewing have been validated by the scientific community. Critics have demonstrated that clues inadvertently revealed by researchers explain how purported remote viewers can obtain information on remote viewing locations. Science writer Martin Gardner, among others, describes the topic as pseudoscience.

WIKI

Seems that another "scam" was used to get money to investigate another worthless crock of crap once again!:(

Well, it is not a science by any stretch of the imagination, but I found it to be a very interesting concept. It starts out as a very free flowing process. Most folks think it is rubbish, but there were a couple of instances where remote viewing was credited for locating hostages. I don't know if there is any truth to that or not, but after only a couple of months of intense practice on the subject, I was able to locate, and give detailed descriptions of several targets accurately, and I developed a very high percentage of hits. Without help or clues. That only served to make it quite a taxing endeavor, and prompted me to choose between my fairly normal life, and one of constant and growing stress. It had ceased to be entertainment, and it could have consumed my sanity. You would probably have to experience the same thing for yourself to follow my drift. I know that most predictions of solar flares and other anomolies predicted by some pretty intense remote viewers have not happened. So, it is justified to dismiss it as having any reliability. I just had a weird experience with it that I did not care to continue. Believe it or don't.

Anyone familiar with Major Ed Dames? I took a course under him a few years ago. I stopped when I realized it was for real.... it actually works, and it may not be for everyone......

You should ask for a refund. The actual phenomenon of being able to magically acquire information from a remote location using nothing but thought doesn't exist.

The actual phenomenon of being able to magically acquire information from a remote location using nothing but thought doesn't exist.

sometimes scientists act as if they know everything. they used to say that hypnosis didn't exist, but now it has been proven, and remote viewing, ghosts, telepathy and telekinesis will also be proven in the future.

sometimes scientists act as if they know everything. they used to say that hypnosis didn't exist, but now it has been proven, and remote viewing, ghosts, telepathy and telekinesis will also be proven in the future.

I never heard a scientist say hypnosis didn't exist... odd. It probably hasn't always been valuable and that I could understand. Hypnosis is demonstrable. Scientists have temporarily created hallucinations, compulsions, certain types of memory loss, false memories, and delusions in the laboratory.

Remote viewing, ghosts, telepathy, etc. are not demonstrable. They are creative ideas that have no correspondence to actual reality.

I never heard a scientist say hypnosis didn't exist... odd.

Somewhere around year 1900 when hypnosis was as unusual and paranormal as remote viewing is today, scientists didn't believe in it.

Remote viewing, ghosts, telepathy, etc. are not demonstrable.

Not yet, but they will be later. actually they are demon strable, but they're just too unknown. many people don't have such abilities, but in the future we will have. ancient sorcerers and necromancers had them. when people evolve and start developing these powers science will also have to accept them and prove them.

They are creative ideas that have no correspondence to actual reality.

Just like hypnosis was in 1900.

Just like hypnosis was in 1900

Hynosis, and 'Mesmerism' which preceded it, were products of the 1800's, not 1900's.

Also, hypnotism isn't that well accepted now, it's still pretty fringe stuff, because it's not a repeatable experience, in that some people are more prone to being hypnotized than others. I've always opted for an anaesthetist, over a hypnotherpist when I've had surgery, as do the vast majority.

Somewhere around year 1900 when hypnosis was as unusual and paranormal as remote viewing is today, scientists didn't believe in it.

Reference please.

Not yet, but they will be later.

Magic isn't any more likely to exist later than it is now.

...actually they are demon strable, but they're just too unknown.

Then please demonstrate any of them. You'll earn a million dollars if you do. I found your little freudian slip to be very telling by the way... "demon"-"strable". You have demons on the brain... or more specifically you assign causality to sapient influences.

many people don't have such abilities, but in the future we will have. ancient sorcerers and necromancers had them.

Feel free to provide evidence for both your future claim and past claim.

when people evolve and start developing these powers science will also have to accept them and prove them.

"when"?

Just like hypnosis was in 1900.

As I recall the term hypnosis was wasn't coined until around 1900.

You should ask for a refund. The actual phenomenon of being able to magically acquire information from a remote location using nothing but thought doesn't exist.

I completely disagree.
Although I disbelieve Remote Viewing... and I am looking for evidence for its existence just like you, or other viewers of this thread.

You just contradicted yourself.

lol I actually realized that when I was typing!
I disbelieve remote viewing on things with far and reaching concerns like finding someones telephone number. Ok, I might submit to this under extreme training.

For example. I can discern my grandmothers behavior right now. That is remote viewing. I could allow my grandmother a different behavior towards me. That's remote viewing or telepathy. [or "manipulation"- for those with the trained eye and instinctual behavioral understanding]

For someone to disprove these abilitys is to disprove psychic phenomenon.

The psychic break exists in breaking your present anxiety into your thoughts of others.

Remote viewing is a separate exercise imo.

lol

I believe in it, even though I haven't officially tried it myself. I definitely recommend the book "Psi Spies" by Jim Marrs. In it, there are certainly a lot of claims that it has proven to be useful. But personally, I don't really feel the need to investigate it any further at this point.

Back