Religion, aliens and alien species idenitfications

terpinator72

Science = Ecclesisates 1 V 18
Registered Senior Member
---historial--religion-- and UFOS---

I find it highly interesting the correlations between history, religion and UFO spacecraft..

http://dudeman.net/siriusly/ufo/art.shtml
good link to see artwork depictions

Is it possible, through this artwork that perhaps a group of individuals were selected and were experiencing these alien experiences.... Possibly Jesus was considered the messiah due to his knowledge gained from these experiences.

Its interesting in noting the expereinces of the neophilim, elijah, and flaming chariots mentioned in the bible, along with extra-terrestial lifeforms..

I would argue some correlations seem to exist, and are quite interesting to read about...

Im currently reading Chariots of the Gods, by Erich Von Daniken.

Any other information or comments To this topic I would find quite entertaining and interesting.

----Different types of species----
I believe this is very far-fetched, their havent been enough alien encounters or witnesses to verify different species exist.. All they DO have is instances in which individuals describe what they have seen differently, and the authors use their imaginations describing a "storybook" like concept regarding these entitys.

http://aliens.monstrous.com/alien_species.htm

These are just instances in which people will go to any depths to try to rationalize their experiences.

I have seen these kindof depictions often, and I think they are highly inaccurate..

Anyone have any comments or debate about this topic also? I would find it quite interesting...

Please post any comments or information you have..

Thanks for your participation

Last edited:
Instead of reading Chariots of the Gods by Erich Von Daniken, try reading Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan.

After Demon Haunted World, pick up Why People Believe Weird Things by Michael Shermer.

Von Daniken's work is bunk and based on no solid evidence. Indeed, much of it is nonsensical and spurious speculation.

The idea that Byzantine artists were drawing "alien visitations" in their artwork is preposterous for many reasons, not the least of which is that many centuries separated the art from the events. The Byzantine iconography is standard of the genre and represents various themes such as the "light of heaven."

---The Byzantine iconography is standard of the genre and represents various themes such as the "light of heaven." ---

please elaborate further..

you see the correlations in the artwork.. There must be some correlation between the 2 themes..

Last edited:
Yes, there are many correlation’s in ancient art work.

But trying to get these so called skeptics to note them ain’t going to happen. They have quite the agenda of information control and acquisition going here at scifoolems.

>>>>But trying to get these so called skeptics to note them ain’t going to happen. They have quite the agenda of information control and acquisition going here at scifoolems.

better the skeptics have it than the woowoos. imho.

:)

So often it is referred to as species, when the important part is their “attitude”.

There are those you would trust with your kids, and cows.
And then, there are those you wouldn’t trust with your kids and your cows.

So actually there are only two types of aliens. The good, and the bad. And, the “ugly” of it is that the bible told us so. :m:

Bleh. The xian bible is a self-verifying, plagaristic, work of propaganda. The most well-known stories within it are logically proven false, thus proving the lie of it being written by the "breathed word of god" (whoever she is). As religious text, it is interesting and gives insight to the daily life of an historical culture, but then so does the Mahabharat, Enum Elish, Gilgamesh, Moby Dick, and Huck Finn.

Hell, I even have one on my book shelf, sandwiched between Dawkins' The Selfish Gene and Pritchard's The Ancient Near East. Most of Genesis is missing, however. I ran out of Charmin once a couple of years ago. I think they publish it on that thin, glassy paper on purpose... just so people won't be tempted to wipe their asses with it.

The middle one went right through. Lucky me, I tore off a corner of Deuteronomy and was able to pick my nail after pulling my finger back through.

In my notes--somewhere--i have noted a website run by this dude who is very interested in ancient art depctions of UFOs and Ets...or whatever you want to call them......cant think where it is now but try a google on , eg: "UFO prehistoric art" or something like that

i rained as artist, and i have asked several art historians what those UFO looing objects are in the skies of some old master' works, they say they don't know.........ahhhh, humbleness in the face of mystery

what do I believe about this?

well, from my researhces into mythology, pre-patriarchal and patriarchal, with the latter has been a sever opression against people experimenting with ecstatic interelation with Nature, where entities, and energies may be encountered. this freedom was proclaimed evil and of the 'devil' by the church, and is seen as pathological by our medical 'scientists'....
that oppression must have a deep connection with all other nonordinary experience witness by humans. one only has to experience the hostility here shown by some resident 'sceptics' to sense this deep fear about lookin out of the box--the 'box' being the CURRENT oppressive paradigm. a religious dogma like other oppressive religious dogmas

dont get me wrong though. they.yu have a right and freedom to question, as we all do

I posted a few paragraphs on this in another thread (Aliens are God), but I'll repost part of it here since it seems relavent. It was in response to the following quote:

terpinator72 said:
ancient artwork

Artwork depicting ufos... Is there something that modern civilizations missed?

The iconography represented in many of the "UFO" representations in ancient art is, again, an oft misunderstood set of depictions. First, consider that the art being rendered (mostly in the Byzantine style) was created centuries, if not a millenia, after the events they depicted. Considering this, ask the question, "how does an artist do this?"

The answer, of course, is that he uses accepted accounts of the event as well as accepted depictions of the event. Historic artists of the Byzantine style had little say in what they painted. Their work was more trade than craft in that they were technical in their production rather than "artistic." In fact, "artistic license" is a distinctly recent phenomenon in the world of art. Artists of antiquity through the Renaissance were commissioned and paid to produce a specific and agreed upon image.

Another thing to consider is that Byzantine art relies heavily on symbology and little on realism. This is primarily for religious purposes and the symbols that ufologists see as UFOs represent something else entirely to those educated in Byzantine art and certainly to those that lived in the period contemporary to Byzantine art.

The Carlo Crivelli painting depicted on the website you linked to is a good example. The so-called "UFO" may seem obvious to the modern ufologist, but in reality, it is a symbolic device used by many artists of the period in representing divine power of God. Other Annunciation paintings by Signorelli, Alamanno, etc. use the same device. The "beam" is in actuality meant to represent the anchor, or thread, that ties the holy person to God.

I won't go through and address each of the site's claims of UFOs in ancient art, mainly because my knowlege of art is limited to what has so far been relevant in my archaeological education, but I will discuss one more: "The Crucifixion" from the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia.

There are a lot of Byzantine paintings that have symbols or icons in the corners of the work itself, particularly with regard to Crucifixion depictions. They are, quite simply, the Sun and the Moon, which were often depicted throughout antiquity to have anthropomorphic (or human) characteristics.

Let me offer an excerpt from the Dictionary of Subjects & Symbols In Art (Hall, 1979).

Dictionary of Subjects & Symbols In Art said:
The sun and moon, one on each side of the cross, are a regular feature of Medieval crucifixion. They survived into the early Renaissance but are seldom seen after the 15th century. Their origin is very ancient. It was the custom to represent the Sun and Moon in images of the pagan sun gods of Persia and Greece, a practice that was carried over into Roman times on coins depicting the emperors.
...the sun is simply a man's bust with a radiant halo, the moon a woman's, with the crest of Diana. Later they are reduced to two plain disks. The moon having a crescent within the circle, may be borne by angels. The sun appears on Christ's right, the moon on his left.

You can see these symbols on other paintings by artists like Crivelli, Bramantino, Durer, and Raphael. They'll range from flat disks to comet-like depictions with the people inside as simply a face or full depictions of Apollo and Diana in horse pulled chariots.

Source:
Hall, James (1979). Dictionary of Subjects and Symbols in Art (Icon Editions). Westview Press: Boulder, CO

Back