Reference Searching Help

PhillyBio

Registered Member
I'm working on screening a particular gene for mutations by CSGE. I recently came across a paper that had all the primer sets for my particular gene of interest.

While moving and reorganizing i misplaced the reference that has these sequences in it.

I've been looking using the same search terms i had used before to locate this one particular paper, but its turning out like trying to find a needle in a pile of needles.

I have all the exon pairs i need, but in using these primers i don't have the information to reference these set in my future publications.

If anyone has any ideas or information on how to look for articles by information found in the body of the text, not abstract, please drop a line as it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PhillyBio said:
If anyone has any ideas or information on how to look for articles by information found in the body of the text, not abstract, please drop a line as it would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t get it...... :confused:

Most (if not all) journal search engines have the ability to search for specific text within the body of the paper. Sometimes when you click on “Search” you are taken to a simple search page that requests only volume or page numbers and/or title or abstract words. If this is the case then you need to look for a clickable link called “Advanced search” that will allow you to search for specific text within the body.

Do you remember in what journal the paper was published?<P>

Last edited:
Back