Reanimated corpses?

maxpowers200169

Registered Member
What do you all think? could it be possible to reanimate a corpse? has it been done? do zombies exist and are just being covered up? who knows? who really cares? I do and thats y im asking. could it really be possible.

I wonder if anyone has ever taken a stuffed dog and wrapped it around an Aibo.

It seems like zombie's aren't crawling out of the grave anymore in some of the newer stories, but instead are people whose bodies have been hijacked by a virus. It's the most plausible story I've heard so far. Or instead of a virus hijacking a body, it could be a parasite.

There are parasites that can do some pretty crazy things. There is one that eats the tongue of a fish, and then replaces the tongue with itself. When the fish eats something, the new parasite tongue eats some of it too. There is an actual little mouth on the end of the fishes tongue. I think there are some parasites that release hormones into there host to influence them to eat things that are apart of the parasites diet too.

There is a really interesting book on parasites that I got for a friend called: Parasite Rex

Zombies is a myth created from voodoo cultures in africa(if i recall) use a drug extracted from a plant that puts a person in a coma state-almost near death but limited heart beat and respiration. THey would drug people-stash them away- and claim that they killed these people an reanimated them as their servant. But yes i too agree that some other means might be possible as u mentioned--virus/parasite. Virus might be able to recode genetics to crave protien or some other ingredient nessessary for the virus to maintain life of the host.(hense eat flesh) but it would have to severly damage ones brain to put them into a primitave or canabalistic state or erge.

If its been dead for more then a few minutes, no. The cells in the body have already died off, at least the critical ones, skin can live for a hour after the heart has stoped. If as soon as the person dies you start freezing them maybe, but then ice crystal will rupture the cells, best to pump it full of antifreeze, but then they can't ever come back to life as the antifreeze destorts the biochemistry.

see i belive that a situation involving the undead is highly plausable. there is no virus or parasite that can turn one into a denizen of the undead but with all the rainforest we are cutting down...who knows? i mean look at the ebola virus it mysteriously came out of the jungle. we still dont know the host organism of this virus. now if there were zombies they wouldnt come back from the grave. the bodies would be A.unreachable by the virus. B.unless injected into the brain of a host. but even this is unlikely to work. if you really want to know all kinds of info on the undead go pick yourself up a copy of Max Brooks: The Zombie Survival Guide. after reading this you will swear zombies do infact exist. this book isnt a story it is a guide with all kinds of great info. well enough of unpaid advertising. what do you all think will there be a virus? if so do we have a chance for survival?

If you could reactivate the brain patterns somehow... it could work. I don't think I wiould see anything this advanced in my lifetime. Unless.... They reanimate me... cool.

Did no one hear me?!?! The cells are dead, D-E-A_D, DEAD!!! You cannot make a corpse come back to life, period!!!

Ever see the movie "The Reanimator"? Here's a review :

"Re-Animator" stars Jeffrey Combs as Mad Scientist Herbert West, a nerd with a God fixation and a neverending supply of glowing green goo he keeps in -- as he proudly announces at one point -- unbreakable plastic bottles. After a stint at an overseas college where his professor basically blew up, West has returned home to the States and Miskatonic University. Here, he comes under the tutelage of egotistical doctor Hill (David Gale) and moves in with young handsome med student Dan Cain (Bruce Abbott). West also meets Dan's girlfriend, Megan (Barbara Crampton), who is suspicious of West, and is also the Dean's daughter -- not to mention Hill's secret crush.

After a lot of nothing happening, it's revealed that West is experimenting in Dan's basement with the green goo. First the good doctor kills Dan's cat, revives it, and then with Dan's help, begins experimenting with corpses at Hill's lab -- the hospital morgue. As the experiments of Mad Scientists are wont to do, the whole thing goes awry when the Dean (Robert Sampson) is killed by a rampaging re-animated corpse. The whole thing culminates in a 20-minute hack-em-all sequence at the morgue, where re-animated bodies battle each other, and a severed head nearly rapes Megan. I kid you not on that last part.

As with most films bearing the Brian Yuzna name (Yuzna is producer here), "Re-Animator" is gory and perverse at the same time. Poor Barbara Crampton provides the film with its nudity quotient, including the aforementioned near-rape by way of the severed head. Yes, it's quite in poor taste; and yes, it's also really, really funny and entertaining to watch. As for gore, the film lays it on pretty think, but there's no real horror here. If anything, the "Re-Animator" franchise seems to take the "Evil Dead" route -- that is, comedy-horror. In a nutshell, you'll probably laugh more than you'll be scared.

Made in 1985, "Re-Animator" looks like a movie made in the '80s, although strangely there's a general absence of big hair. Go figure. The film has the look and feel of a low-budget horror indie, which isn't a bad thing but there are obvious limitations, such as West always seeming to do his super important experiments in the dark for some strange reason. The acting across the board is palatable, with Combs and Gale providing some winning and memorable tongue-in-cheek performances. On the other hand, Abbot and Crampton seems to be taking things too seriously, which only makes their characters dry and dull compared to the two opposing Mad Scientists.

"Re-Animator" certainly doesn't have the slickness or polish of Gordon's "Dagon", but the absence of a sizable budget is easily to blame for that. Still, this is a good movie, with a very interesting premise that begs for sequels. The execution leans toward the absurd, with Combs and Gale embracing their respective archetypes with aplomb. The script seems to exult in its more sleazy elements, and the gore isn't so overboard as to be indigestible by non-gorefiends. Although this version of the movie is unrated and uncut, I really can't see anything about it that would keep it from obtaining an R rating. The gore is rather tame.

I found it a funny movie and was laughing at many of the things that went on during it. You'll get a kick out ouf it if you watch it too. Just don't buy it, rent it!

http://www.nixflix.com/reviews/reanimator.htm

Last edited:
ILikeSalt said:
If you could reactivate the brain patterns somehow... it could work. I don't think I wiould see anything this advanced in my lifetime. Unless.... They reanimate me... cool.

Reactive brain cells? you got 2 be joking! ya dead? ya dead! and so it shall Be! :) ;) :eek:

That's not true, I read a long time ago, in the Enquirer, that they reanimated Lincoln's corpse. He said something (don't remember what) then died again right away.

Now everyone knows that the Enquirer only prints the truth, so reanimation is possible. ;)

Well they also explained why.... "Lincoln was an alien's baby!!!"

Ahh, so you're saying that the only reason they were able to reanimate Lincoln's corpse was because he was, in fact, a half-alien? Makes sense.

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Rocky_20Racoon_20(Illustrated)

More pot anyone? :m: Because the way I see it you guys have to be pretty high to have this discussion.

Literary vampires are a type of undead being - the legend may have started, however, with blood diseases which cause anaemia and photosensitivity, such as cutaneous porphyria. In the Middle Ages, lacking modern medicine, anyone dying of severe anaemia might actually have felt better if they drank some fresh blood!

If you believe that mind has paranormal powers over matter, then a dying person's will to live might suffice to retain animation and consciousness despite physical decay - that's your basic undead concept. Then again, if one accepts this, it's no different from believing in magic.

Perhaps this thread should really be in the Psuedoscience forum.

Back