Real life question of morality.

Oniw17

ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum?
Valued Senior Member
If a drunk, crazy(clinically incompetent), old loved one atacks you, is it alright t6o hit back?

How did I get 2 threads from this? Some mob please delete this one.
Typo.

Oniw17 said:
How did I get 2 threads from this? Some mob please delete this one.

Little green men from Mars did it! Surely it couldn't have been a mistake on your part, right?

Baron Max

Oniw17 said:
If a drunk, crazy(clinically incompetent), old loved one atacks you, is it alright t6o hit back?
I would say yes. It is morally justifiable to defend yourself in this situation(as in any situation really) with resonable force.

samcdkey said:
What if it was your mother? Would you hit her?

Trying to twist things up a little, Sam? ...LOL!

But my answer to that would be, yes ...if she was hitting me with the intention of causing bodily harm. So, see, single word answers aren't always possible, and to ask them is often a way to make people say things that they've really not thought about.

If your mother were trying to kill you, would you hit her? Answer the question, Sam, with a one-word reply! :)

Baron Max

imaplanck. said:
No, I wouldnt need to do that much to defend myself from a women but if it was man reasonable force would be different.

Some women are huge and powerful, my boy ...you should think before you answer in such a way! Some women could knock your head off with one punch, so just becasue she's a woman is no sign that she's weak.

Baron Max

imaplanck. said:
No, I wouldnt need to do that much to defend myself from a women but if it was a man, reasonable force would be different.

So if it was your father or brother, you'd hit them?

Maybe your grandfather even? :rolleyes:

samcdkey said:
So if it was your father or brother, you'd hit them?

Maybe your grandfather even? :rolleyes:
Jesus! Yes and my gradmother an pregnant wife too, in fact I'll probably just uzi their asses just in case.

imaplanck. said:
Jesus! Yes and my gradmother an pregnant wife too, in fact I'll probably just uzi their asses just in case.

That should take care of all the loved ones. :p

Anyone comes at me with killing intent, I kill them back. Whoever they are. You know, not much of a mother if she tries to hit you... To reply with opposing force is just fair.

But on what premises? Do I have stun gas? Rope? Is it big, hulking? If she has no intent, just insane, avoid and call cops. Pillows. Grapple and/or locks.

Hell. I have just the same right to live as does anyone else. Anyone threathens me, they can hardly complain if I threathen them back.

Back