Re: Time Travel, Relativity, Taoism

smelton87

Registered Member
I read it. I was pleased by the theories the author put forth. I think there is probably an intangible connection between the discoveries we've made at the subatomic level and the observations made for millenia by eastern religions and philosophies.

The book compelled me to do a lot more research into the plausibility of time-travel and quantum study. What I found was that the author was not only right on, but frightening. The book is set up as fiction, but I don't think I'm the first person to question its foundation.

Ahlgren, IMHO, did a much better job of creating a believable link between physics and metaphysics. I read both Capra and Zukav, and I found myself bored at times. Ahlgren found a much better vehicle. The book seems more down-to-earth, too. I also liked the way he combined economics and philosophy into the mix. I was left with a very profound sense of the interconnectivity of these disciplines. Really, they are inseparable -- a concept which eluded me prior to reading the book. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in science, spirituality, economics and philosophy.

>
>
> Has anybody ever heard of this? I just finished it, one of the
> best books I
> ever read. Very thought provoking. Just surfing around looking for
> comments. I prefer email, but I'll check here too.
>
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Discipline_Group/
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Debs
>
>

Back