Rats!!!

spuriousmonkey

Banned
Banned
I was doing a google search on the evolution of rodents and found two ironic links right next to each other.

The first one was a creationist website claiming that rats show no evolution

rat evolution creationism style

the second one was a nature paper about the sequencing of the rat genome and the evolutionary lessons that could be learned from it. One lesson was that rats actually show accelerated evolution.

new scientist summary of rat nature paper

Gosh...someone is going to burn in hell for lying.

Well, in the first one, they aren't saying that rats can't evolve but just that we haven't found a common ancestor. The difference is that the second paper says we DO know its common ancestor!

What i don't understand is that only by knocking out genes can the rats have a similar genetic detox machinery to ours. This means that rats have a better detox system because it doesn't assume that we need to 'give' them other genes that we have as well!!!

Is it logical that rats possess ALL the detox genes that we possess and many more as well? Maybe it does. I don't know :)

John Connellan said:
Well, in the first one, they aren't saying that rats can't evolve but just that we haven't found a common ancestor. The difference is that the second paper says we DO know its common ancestor!
first paper said:
In other words, rats, like all other creatures, are not the product of evolution

i think they are definitely saying they can't evolve if we read the last concluding sentence.

Well I think they haven't got a clue what they're talking about to be honest with u! They are contradictin theirselves sometimes. I tend not to believe anything creationists have to say anyway :D

Well like all mammals you would expect that humans and rats have many toxin metabolism pathways in common, but both groups evolved pathways specialized to there diets over the eons, as such there are likely pathways that we both share, pathways that only rats have and pathways that only humans have, rat considering there super omnivore diet might have some pretty amazing detox abilities that human do not have.

Back