Quote of the Day

Nobody

Suspended Indefinitely
Registered Senior Member
"there are two tragedies in life one is not to get your hearts desire the other is to get it"

-Oscar Wilde

You've climbed all fourteen of the world's mountains taller than 8,000 meters, many of them several times. You've never been hurt, never fallen down, and you don't even use supplemental oxygen. What's your secret?

I'm willing to turn around if the weather changes before I reach the top. I figure mountain climbing should be a round trip: if you don't make it back down, it doesn't count.

--Ed Veisturs, famous mountain climber, interviewed by Jon Stewart on "The Daily Show," 2006

Hi...........
Nice quote.I also share a quote here.
"God help those who help themselves."
I like this one quote so much.
Thanks.

Fortes fortuna adiuvat

Proverb
'Fortune favors the bold.'

Luck is usually on the side of those who take chances and risks.

Details, details, the devil is ever in the details, lol.....:D I do like that quote though.

Proverb

fortis Fortūna adiuvat

fortune favors the bold  

Usage notes

Often misquoted in English texts as fortes Fortuna adiuvat, which uses the accusative plural ending -ēs instead of the "Republican" accusative ending –īs. Although grammatically correct, the form ending in -ēs is not the one used in Terence's play.

"No! Please... don't... aaargh!"
Most of the people I visit unexpectedly.

Carpe diem.

From the family crest of my in-laws.

In Horace, the phrase is part of the longer Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero – "Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future", and the ode says that the future is unforeseen, and that instead one should scale back one's hopes to a brief future, and drink one's wine. This phrase is usually understood against Horace's Epicurean background.
Wikipedia

CarpeDiem_Fullpic_1.gif

" Your book is both interesting and original. Unfortunately, the part that is original is not interesting and the part that is interesting is not original."

Samel Johnson

Details, details, the devil is ever in the details, lol.....:D I do like that quote though.

That is all warn out my dear . Listen to the rhetoric all around you . You know I like you very much . That I wish I could set your mind free . That is how much I care for you . It is because of your humility . That you have . You own that .

We need to set the little birdy free so she can rise to her full potential .

Get a Job , Unknown author

Blow em up!!

My Brother in-law on national T.V. when the first gulf war broke out .

I can't believe how much they ran that back in the day . I had no idea he would end up being my brother in-law at the time either .
Now that is strange

Back