Questions (School project)

apeking

Registered Member
I'm doing a presentation in Language Arts about law enforcement and was going to do some myth debunking/proving in it...

First question, does concentrated peroxide, sodium hydroxide, or ammonia really contaminate blood samples to the point of ruining them? (DNA testing wise)
How could I show this? (If I can, I assume use animal DNA and pour some concentrated peroxide or sodium hydroxide on it?)

Does shooting a gun inside a plastic bag really decrease the amount of trace evidence left behind? (sorry if this isn't in what this forum is about, my main question is at the top)
Is destroying all hair/teeth with an acidic substance really as beneficial as it is TV shows/movies? (such as hydrofluoric acid)

That's it, sorry if I posted in wrong forum, but then again my top and bottom questions were the ones I wanted to display mostly...

I tried searching these, but answers came up very ambiguous. My science teacher is quite stupid, and doesn't understand any of this, I am not cheating. I will not copy your words also.

Back