Question for Creationists

Just Curious

Registered Senior Member
Assuming for one ghastly moment that God did create the world and all that live in it can Creationists explain why God also created the rest of the universe. What was the point. Why create stars billions of light years away with no life forms. What is the purpose of this masssive universe if life only exists on earth. Why not just create earth and nothing else. Perhaps Creationists will have to think a little bit to answer this question because it doesn't say anything in the Bible about white dwarfs or red giants or black holes or background radiation from the big bang. Or perhaps Creationists don't think about the Universe at all. Perhaps their answer will be that God made everything for his own purpose and who are we to question it. Interesting to see what response I get.

I've never heard a creationist or evolutionist explain the REASON for life on earth, so why would they try to explain the cosmos in such a fashion?

I've never heard a creationist or evolutionist explain the REASON for life on earth, so why would they try to explain the cosmos in such a fashion?

Evolution doesn't tackle the question of reason. Why is that so hard to understand? Evolution simply explains the process. You could assume a reason, I suppose...that being, "It exists because it can", which isn't a bad one.

You lot have a very short attention span. Now getting back on topic. Surely God gave us a brain to think with so asking the question why is a natural consequence of that. It distinguishes us from animals. Religion and particularly Creationism suppresses this urge. I wonder why.

Surely God gave us a brain to think with so asking the question why is a natural consequence of that. It distinguishes us from animals. Religion and particularly Creationism suppresses this urge. I wonder why..

You can wonder "why" all you wish.The evolutionist could argue that there is no reason for existence,because you're a biological organism that only exists because of a random set of physical attributes.

One could ask: Why must there be a reason for existence?

Suppression of the mind is easy to come by.

We think too highly of ourselves. God has bunches of other intelligent species that he carefully evolved over billions of years in this universe alone. We're just the only ones we've met recently.

You can wonder "why" all you wish.The evolutionist could argue that there is no reason for existence,because you're a biological organism that only exists because of a random set of physical attributes.

One could ask: Why must there be a reason for existence?

Suppression of the mind is easy to come by.

What's funny is that your entirely argument is based on false assumptions, and complete misunderstandings of how anything works. But coming from a religious zealot, it shouldn't surprise me.

First, "the evolutionist" would not argue that there is no reason for existence. At least, he wouldn't do so based on the evolutionary theory. He can philosophize that there is no reason, just as anyone else in the world can, and has.

Second, there is nothing random about us. If you understood the theory, you'd know that every change has a purpose. Again, I'm not surprised, because your kind likes to talk rather than listen, and has no understanding of evolution or science in general other than what you're told on the 700 Club.

What's funny is that your entirely argument is based on false assumptions, and complete misunderstandings of how anything works.
I've yet to make an arguement regarding the OP.
But coming from a religious zealot, it shouldn't surprise me.
I think you have me cofused with someone else.

First, "the evolutionist" would not argue that there is no reason for existence. At least, he wouldn't do so based on the evolutionary theory.
So what is it based on, then?
He can philosophize that there is no reason, just as anyone else in the world can, and has.
Yes, I've said that, twice I think.

Second, there is nothing random about us. If you understood the theory, you'd know that every change has a purpose.
Who's talking about "changes"?
Again, I'm not surprised, because your kind likes to talk rather than listen, and has no understanding of evolution or science in general other than what you're told on the 700 Club.
My kind? ha, you're funny .

Question: does evolution prove that god doesn't exist, scientifically?

I've yet to make an arguement regarding the OP.

So? You still posted. That's the one I was addressing.

I think you have me cofused with someone else.

Oh?

So what is it based on, then?

I don't know. You're the one who said the evolutionist would argue that, not me.

Question: does evolution prove that god doesn't exist, scientifically?

Oh here we go. You want me to say no, because no is all you need to prove God exists, correct?

Back