question about some strange lights

Danimal

Registered Member
A couple years ago i was hunting from my tree stand when i saw an extremely bright white light shine from the top of the bluff. It was about 50 yards from me and in a small clearing in the woods. What makes this "strange" is the fact that i heard absolutely nothing walking around on the dry leaf-littered ground. It was very dark and i was about to leave when it shined on me for only 2 seconds. I was looking exactly where it was when it happened as if it knew that and responded with a shine. I would say that it was about the diameter of a bowling ball. It couldn't have been a person because i would have seen the light bouncing around the woods and definitely heard walking because of the dry leaves. Around the same time, my mother saw the same bright light shine at her from the top of a hill several miles away. She described it exactly the way i did. What do you think this is?
thanks,
-Danimal

Were there any vehicles in the area? The newer models are pretty quiet, especially at 50 yards away. Even the newer motorcycles are pretty quiet.

Either that or those deer are up to something... ;)

nope..this was an area where no cars or motercycles could possibly go. Well, unless they crashed their way down there :) Its so strange though, but i think you're right...those deer are up to something!

What area did this take place in? I can see if I can find any other reports. The year might help, too.

It was in 1998 i believe...SO.East Minnesota is where i live and saw it. About 7 miles from from LaCrosse, WI.

Back