Question about Denominations.

snow

Registered Senior Member
Im just wondering about other Christian denominations and i'd like to know more about some of them. None in mind just please explain your denomintion. Thank you.

nobady replying maybe I should explain more.

1 explain how to be saved
2 explain what being saved means
3is the Bible God inspired
4Does your church believe in pre or post tribulation rapture
5does your church believe in election,or predertimation
6how does your church stand on doctrine,does it matter,or is love and peace all that matters

I should remind you this is questions for a christains church
thanks

Originally posted by snow
nobady replying maybe I should explain more.

1 explain how to be saved
2 explain what being saved means
3is the Bible God inspired
4Does your church believe in pre or post tribulation rapture
5does your church believe in election,or predertimation
6how does your church stand on doctrine,does it matter,or is love and peace all that matters

I should remind you this is questions for a christains church
thanks

thank you, I wanted to reply but there was so much stuff that I didnt know where to start!

1. my chruch believes that to be saved you must accept Jesus's gift of salvation (ask if you need that explained) by acknowledging that you are a sinner and nedd His forgivness and asking HIm into your heart as your lord and saviour. You are saved only by your faith, not your deeds, the deeds are just proof that you've accepted Christ

2. being saved means that you are now a part of Gods family (child of god) and that you should be trying to live your life for Jesus. That you will go straight to Heaven and not judged for your sins since your punishment has already been paid by Jesus.

3. The bible is fully God inspired (and the miracles and stories are literal....except the parables obviously)

4. I dont actually know what my chruch believes about the Rapture, however I have the feeling that they believe in post tribulation rapture

5. as in freewill or a choosen path? if thats what you're asking then we believe that you have freewill, God knows which where you are ultimately going to end up but you get to choose how to get there.

6. Our chruch is totally scripture based and all of our teachings come straight from the bible (usually reading from at least three different versions so that we get a fuller meaning)

Thanks New Life.I am a Christian but I was curisious about other denomations as sometimes you get a better perspective from the people that go there than from a book.
again thanks

Back