Quantum FIelds infinite?

Ahh now I understand. The degrees in which you measure has no importance except accuracy. As such how accurate do you wish to go. Because both infinite and epsilon mean one and the same. Infinite means to go on forever in whole numbers, whereas epsilon means to get infinitely smaller to nearest 0.

As such, even the best calculations using epsilon have to be off by one picometer, which is 1m^12 in size. That is where real numbers stop. After that you are calculating the path in which an electron takes.

Everything is finite, but measurement and accuracy is infinite.

The difference between dimension and quantum fields is that quantum takes into consideration of gravity/spatial distortions or at least it should, along with thermodynamics and magnetics. As such the definition of quantum means all aspects of science. Not just physics.

does it really matter since quantum field theory has been 99% disproved over the past few years?

does it really matter since quantum field theory has been 99% disproved over the past few years?

But I was told that strings appear from quantum fields. So, how can the existence of quantum fields be disproved, if it is still a basic assumption of string theory?

Ahh now I understand. The degrees in which you measure has no importance except accuracy. As such how accurate do you wish to go. Because both infinite and epsilon mean one and the same. Infinite means to go on forever in whole numbers, whereas epsilon means to get infinitely smaller to nearest 0.

As such, even the best calculations using epsilon have to be off by one picometer, which is 1m^12 in size. That is where real numbers stop. After that you are calculating the path in which an electron takes.

Everything is finite, but measurement and accuracy is infinite.

The difference between dimension and quantum fields is that quantum takes into consideration of gravity/spatial distortions or at least it should, along with thermodynamics and magnetics. As such the definition of quantum means all aspects of science. Not just physics.

I take it that you consider dimension just a mathematical concept used to pinpoint the location of objects, whereas a quantum field is a physical reality?

Dimension is more than just the location of the object but at what time. That object may move. As to what it is relative to, that changes also. The quantum field is really something I don't quite understand very well at all. I am a guy based on mechanical motion, I will never warp space, but I can assure you at some point I will do something astounding.

The quantum field to me could be the existance of a high energy dimention such as that would be created by the crossing of gamma energy creating spikes in energy. Otherwise, I still know nothing.

if you truly understand string theory, then you will also understand that it is too unstable a theory to truly work. String theory is relatively outdated now. Super string theory is better.

if you truly understand string theory, then you will also understand that it is too unstable a theory to truly work. String theory is relatively outdated now. Super string theory is better.

So, aren't quatum fields still a basic assumption of super string theory?

Since when? Quantum field theory is pretty much the most successful concept in physics ever. QED explains electrons and photons. Electroweak models explain weak bosons and QED. QCD explains gluons and hadrons. And then you wrap them all together and call it 'The Standard Model'.

If you want to go further then you add more particles, new symmetries etc.
If someone says "What about string theory", it's generally taken that they are referring to the current level of understanding. If someone wants to make reference to the unstable string theory which doesn't include fermionic entities then they would say 'bosonic string theory'.

Back