Prostitution is also legal in R.I.

Syzygys

As a mother, I am telling you
Valued Senior Member
Something useful info we learn everyday. Beside a few counties in Nevada, Rhode Island is the other state where prostitution is legal under certain circumstances:

"A lot of people don't realize that prostitution is legal in Rhode Island if you do it indoors," State Police Inspector Stephen Bannon testified. In an accompanying letter, State Police Supt. Col. Brendan P. Doherty noted that under current law, "persons are free to solicit sex for money in newspapers and/or over the Internet as long as the conduct that is agreed upon takes place in private."

And we thought that America wasn't progressive...

Something useful info we learn everyday. Beside a few counties in Nevada, Rhode Island is the other state where prostitution is legal under certain circumstances: "A lot of people don't realize that prostitution is legal in Rhode Island if you do it indoors," State Police Inspector Stephen Bannon testified. In an accompanying letter, State Police Supt. Col. Brendan P. Doherty noted that under current law, "persons are free to solicit sex for money in newspapers and/or over the Internet as long as the conduct that is agreed upon takes place in private." And we thought that America wasn't progressive...
Is it like Nevada? The women work regular shifts with vacations and holidays, insurance, and get medical checkups once a month?

That's more "progressive" than Nevada. While prostitution is legal in most of the area of Nevada, it is illegal in Clark County, which contains Las Vegas, and Washoe County, which contains Reno. These counties are home to the bulk of Nevada's population, the destinations of most business travelers, and, with the exception of the Lake Tahoe area with its summer and winter sports, they are the destinations of most tourists who visit the state.

You have to drive a considerable distance from what most people consider "civilization" to find a legal brothel in Nevada.

You have to drive a considerable distance from what most people consider "civilization" to find a legal brothel in Nevada.

Or not. Sparks is the twin city of Reno and here is a legal brothel:

Old Bridge Ranch at Mustang
4756 Peri Ranch Rd, Sparks, NV 89434
775-342-0223

There are also at least 4 brothels nearby Carson City, which happens to be the capital of Nevada (politicans!!!) and 30 minutes drive from Reno...

Legal brothels of nevada:

http://www.nvlb.com/home.htm

You might also want to visit Elko,NV:

"Elko is also home to legal prostitutes and motorcycle gangs and contains five active brothels (Mona Lisa, Inez's, Jessica's Ranch, Sharon's Brothel & Bar and Sue's Fantasy Club). Under Nevada law, any county with a population of less than 400,000 is allowed to license brothels if it so chooses."

Last edited:
And we thought that America wasn't progressive.....

Explain the "progress" in legal prostitution.
I guess one could argue that it's a way for your daughter to pay for her own education. And knowing how to give a mean blowjob can't hurt when she's climbing that corp. ladder.

I think it's sad, really.

The bungling, out-of-touch, easily corrupted government has no right to dictate the activities of consenting adults. Is there anyone left who doesn't understand that when the nanny-state attempts to outlaw a popular product (like drugs) or service (like prostitution), all that happens is that it migrates to the black market, where it is managed by entrepreneurs who are risk takers with little concern for quality or safety, and where it is out of reach of the legal system?

Prostitutes have real careers in Nevada, with regular hours, holidays, vacations, sick leave, insurance, freedom to reject abusive customers, and access to the court system if someone treats them unfairly. In addition the public is protected because they receive monthly medical exams, are trained and motivated to recognize symptoms of disease, and directed to reject anyone who has them.

Contrast this with the lives of prostitutes in jurisdictions where they must work in the shadows.

Contrary to the beliefs of the self-righteous, all women are not the same. Some regard prostitution as a reasonable way to make good money to pay for an education, start a business, or subsidize a walkabout, and when they leave the job they do not carry an inconsolable lifelong trauma or hatred of men.
I guess one could argue that it's a way for your daughter to pay for her own education. And knowing how to give a mean blowjob can't hurt when she's climbing that corp. ladder.
In a state where prostitution is a black-market occupation your daughter could very well be recruited by a pimp who turns her onto crack and treats her like an indentured servant. In a state where it's legal she'll have to fill out an application, get a medical exam, provide references, obtain a license that will put her on a list you can review so she can't hide it from you, and pay tax on the income.
I think it's sad, really.
Other people's choices about their lives often appear sad to us. Unfortunately the decisions that shape their lives are made early and we often don't have the opportunity to guide them or even realize they're bad choices. By the time they're into the life they've made for themselves and their destiny is obvious to us, we've missed our chance to help.

Legal prostitution makes decisions more visible.

But most importantly, we have no right to tell other people what decisions to make. We can only offer advice. The government, with its track record of rarely even knowing what the hell is right or wrong, should not be allowed to give advice at all, much less have control over any citizen's life.

The progress was for the state, not for the profession. This is the oldest profession and usually between 2 consenting adults, so you might as well legalize it.

There will always be ugly/poor men with sexual needs and pretty but stupid/willing women, so why shouldn't we let the 2 meet?

There are also different forms of prostitution. Watch an episode of The girl next door... :)

A problem with the Governor from New York is that his call girls cost over 4,000.00 a "session". He was getting them on a regular basis and that's allot of money to move without the government getting any taxes on it from the call girls or her "agency" that she works for.

Well, that is a good point, that the taxcheat was a bigger crime than the possible transfer of money or moving a whore accross statelines...

Great news, I had no idea about RI. The faster we legalize prostitution the better. Perhaps we can soon move onto bigger fish like drugs.

Just read an interview with a whore and she said she would expect her price to go down, if prostitution was legal. Well, this is debatable since there would be more both of costumers and providers. But they would have to pay taxes, so I would say most prostitutes are happy with the state of illegality...(they can also justify charging more because of the danger of being caught)

Just read an interview with a whore and she said she would expect her price to go down, if prostitution was legal. Well, this is debatable since there would be more both of costumers and providers. But they would have to pay taxes, so I would say most prostitutes are happy with the state of illegality...(they can also justify charging more because of the danger of being caught)

Prices might go down but I'd guess prostitutes would see an increase in business that makes up for it. I vaguely recall a study I read that found whenever prostitution became legal, it was followed by a period of rapid growth. Plus, prostitutes that have to pay for their work clothes, travel, accessories, etc., can now, if they're independent contractors, write off all of those expenses.

Back