Proselytizing

brennus

Registered Member
A true story

Proselytizing
There were some Christian missionaries who went into a poorer village in India and promised all these little Hindu children a day at the movie theater over in the city 20 miles away. Since these children had never been to a movie theater before they all said yes. So they all packed into this small school bus that the missionaries had provided. About half way there the bus stopped and the bus driver got out and opened up the hood to check the engine. The bus driver came back in and tried to start the bus but was unsuccessful. One of the missionaries asked the children, if you want to go the movie theater they will have to pray to their gods and ask them to fix the bus. So all these children prayed but the bus did not start. The missionary then asked them to pray for Jesus to fix the bus. They prayed to Jesus and the bus miraculously started. The children were all happy because Jesus fixed the bus that was taking then to their first visit to the movie theater.

What the children did not know was that the bus driver had stopped the bus, got out and pulled off a spark plug cable and one of missionaries plugged it back on when it was time for the children to pray to Jesus.
That is what I would call an evil double standard.

DEG

Yes, a "true" story with no traceable source, seeking to paint a particular group of people in a bad light.

Who'd make such a thing up? It must be true.

What the children did not know was that the bus driver had stopped the bus, got out and pulled off a spark plug cable and one of missionaries plugged it back on when it was time for the children to pray to Jesus.

Jesus controlled them .. It was His wishes.... He's a busy guy but gets stuff done when HE uses us humans

What On Earth for?

It doesn't sound firsthand.

Thank you, I do appreciate your complimenting my style, even though you did not intend it to be a compliment, I find it flatering. Regardless of that I find all Proselytizing distasteful and all attempts to convert people, especially childen from their religion of birth to another by dishonest means as morally and ethically wrong. That is why I posted it here.

A true story

Proselytizing
There were some Christian missionaries who went into a poorer village in India and promised all these little Hindu children a day at the movie theater over in the city 20 miles away. Since these children had never been to a movie theater before they all said yes. So they all packed into this small school bus that the missionaries had provided. About half way there the bus stopped and the bus driver got out and opened up the hood to check the engine. The bus driver came back in and tried to start the bus but was unsuccessful. One of the missionaries asked the children, if you want to go the movie theater they will have to pray to their gods and ask them to fix the bus. So all these children prayed but the bus did not start. The missionary then asked them to pray for Jesus to fix the bus. They prayed to Jesus and the bus miraculously started. The children were all happy because Jesus fixed the bus that was taking then to their first visit to the movie theater.

DEG

Quite true. such tricks are played everwhere, and can be cruel ones on patients.

Back