Propostition 2

Roman

Banned
Banned
In Alaska, we will be asked to legalize marijuana, in poposition 2, nov. second.

All state criminal penalties will be removed for the sale, purchase or giving away of pot, as long as those involved are 21+.

AK currently spends $24 million on marijuana crimes, which is more than 34 dollars per person, per year.

Marijuana sales and usage would be treated like alcohol; no drinking & smoking, etc.

If this passes, would AK have serious fed problems, reefering to federal subsidiaries and the fed's current zero-tolerance policies?
I can see Great Alaskan Baked Goods, fields of cannabis– indeed, we shall become the mecca of pot.

Oh, victory is so close, I can smell it!

Certainly sounds interesting but I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm no expert on US politics but wouldn't the Federal government put a block of some type up? Given how puritanical US policy has been for the past 50 years or so I'm sure this would cause quite a stink.

Doesn't the FDA and ATF still have Federal jurisdiction over Alaska? I'm honestly not certain bout the federal laws against pot, but I'm guessing that like California, nothing is going to happen if you pass your proposition.

Actually, pot use (4oz possesion or less) has always been legal in Alaska. It was illegally criminalized, so says the state constitution. However, the year it was to be decriminalized, the Fed's threatened to pull AK's control of Fish&game. As AK is a big conservative state that gets almost all of it's revenue through natural resources, we weren't to keen at giving control of our livelihood to Outside environmentalists and the like. Thus, pot remained illegal.

Another, more radical ballot initiative took place in 2000, but only garnered 40% support. This time, though, the wording is better suited, doesn't propose amnesty and reparations to previous pot inditements, and faces a much likelier chance to pass.

It could also be a democratic plot to get the youth vote out to elect Knowles. Knowles is the democratic candidate for senator, and AK is viewed as a swing state for the Senate control this election.

But who knows.

I was thinking about getting a job in Alaska when I graduate this would clinch it. I hate and detest cold but am willing to go there for at least one year to see what real snow is like. Go Alaska!!!

It’s a trick by those who wish to separate Alaska from the United States. if it passes then there will be a lot of conflict with the federal government and thus give a big reason to secede

laughing weasel said:
I was thinking about getting a job in Alaska when I graduate this would clinch it. I hate and detest cold but am willing to go there for at least one year to see what real snow is like. Go Alaska!!!

Haha yeah, well lighting up will take the edge off the cold, won't it?

Y'all shoulda known from the beginning . . . Alaska is a republican state. There was no way this proposition was gonna pass.

A similar measure, involving medical marijuana, didn't even pass in democratic Oregon.

Those stupid pubs . . .

We got medical marijuana, though. However, the doctor can only recommend it, not prescribe it. Marijuana may not be bought, sold, given away nor transported nor grown; it must appear magically.

i would fully support the legalizing of marijuana, and any other drug for over 18s, in private property, with the assent of the property owner(s)

Back