prophesy of the Messiah

okinrus

Registered Senior Member
Here are a few of the prophesies. There are many more.

By taking up our curse, wearing "thorns and thistles", praying "by the sweat of his face", and finally dying, Jesus ransomed us from the curse given in Genesis.
Genesis 3
15 "I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; He will strike at your head, while you strike at his heel."

This passage surely cannot refer to Eve and Adam because they begot Cain. The He refers to Jesus and the woman refers to Mary. Further evidence that the woman is Mary is shown by Revelation 12
1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman 2 clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
(see also 2-17)

The strike at the serpents head was portended by David.
12 (David was the son of an Ephrathite named Jesse, who was from Bethlehem in Judah. He had eight sons, and in the days of Saul was old and well on in years.
(see also 13-51)

Mathew 4 shows Jesus striking Satan by the word of God.
(see 1-11)

As was prophesied in Psalm 91
11 For God commands the angels to guard you in all your ways.
(see also 12-15)

Another prophesy of Jesus is the oracle of baalam.
Numbers 23
7 Then Balaam gave voice to his oracle: From Aram has Balak brought me here, Moab's king, from the Eastern Mountains: "Come and lay a curse for me on Jacob, come and denounce Israel."
(see also 8-10)

Predicting pentecost
Numbers 11:24
24 So Moses went out and told the people what the LORD had said. Gathering seventy elders of the people, he had them stand around the tent.
(see also 25-30)

Isaiah 52-53. Predicting Jesus
Awake, awake! Put on your strength, O Zion; Put on your glorious garments, O Jerusalem, holy city. No longer shall the uncircumcised or the unclean enter you.
(see also 2-15)

Mathew 27:12 “And when he was accused by the chief priests and elders, he made no answere. Then Pilate said to him, ‘Do you not hear how many things they are testifying against you?’ But he did not answere him one word, so the governor was greatly amazed.”

Genesis 12:3 “I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the communities of the earth shall find blessing in you.” Predicts all nations turning to God.

Genesis 22 The testing of Abraham predicts the testing of Christ. Genesis 22:7 “As the two walked on together, Isaac spoke to his father Abraham: ‘Father!’ he said. ‘Yes, son,’ he replied. Issac continued, ‘Here are the fire and the wood, but where is the sheep for the holocaust?’ ‘Son,’ Abraham answered, ‘God himself will provide the sheep for the holocaust.’

Zechariah 3
Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, while Satan stood at his right hand to accuse him.
(see the rest of chapter 3, and some of chapter 4)

Isaiah 30:20
Now come, write it on a tablet they can keep, inscribe it in a record; That it may be in future days an eternal witness:
(see also 9-26)

Isaiah 55 predicts the bread of life in John’s gospel, the new convenant, and withdrawl of the curse of Genesis 3:

Isaiah 55
(see 1-13)

Moderator edit: If people want to read extensive slabs of the bible, they will buy a bible, or look at an online bible. This is a waste of sciforums space.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you say has had a profound effect on my consciousness, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Back