Proof

notme2000

The Art Of Fact
Registered Senior Member
It's simple. The reason athiests always ask religious people for proof and get nothing but gibber jabber back is the same reason people like whatsupyall asks athiests for proof and gets nothing but "unfounded claims" back...

Our definitions of "Proof" are COMPLETELY different.

Athiests base proof on things AROUND them, repeated experiments, trial and error, etc...

Religious people base proof on the feelings, intuitions and emotions INSIDE them.

So you see, when you ask the oposite for proof, you are simply asking why they believe in it, and the answer they give you is true... You have to ask, how does it hold up in my realm? How do theist claims hold up in the outside world, and how do athiest claims hold up in "spirituality"...

I'd have to agree with notme2000, but there is one little thing missing. Sometimes religious people base their belief in God when something miraculous happens, something that appears to be divine intervention.

One thing that strengthens my faith in God, and in my religon, is when my brother was three years old and had pneumonia. The doctors tried everything they possibly could, but finally they told my parents that they had done all they could, and the boy would not live.

The only thing left to do was give the child a blessing, which my father and home teacher did. My father blessed the child that he would live, and this sickness would pass from him. After this my father went to sleep at my brother's bed side, only to be awakened some time after when the doctors told him that my brother's pneumonia had disappeared, and he carried no trace of ever having the disease; the doctors were shocked but my father just asked when they could go home.

I don't see how any of this is possible without a God. Sure, i have no proof that can be seen with your eyes, but as notme2000 said, i have the feelings, and i have the experiences.

I'd have to agree with notme2000, but there is one little thing missing. Sometimes religious people base their belief in God
From an athiest point of view (such as my own) God is something based on feelings and intuition. But let's not debate the existance of God here. So Athiests would claim God is conceived within. The religious would say they only think that because of lack of faith WITHIN.

In the end, both make valid points...

Back